PDA

View Full Version : 38mm Lectron - Pros...Cons...

hetrick425ex
08-03-2002, 10:16 PM
well the subjest tells it all.....i need a carb and i dont want to spend 450 on a FCR!!!We have a Lectron in stock so my question is for you that have one lemme hear about it...add power? top end?bottem end? easyer to use???
lemme know
Thanks!!!!!
Casey - hetrick racing

stevengates45
08-04-2002, 01:10 PM
Lectrons arent hard to adjust at all, lower the needle you lean it out, raise the needle you richen it.

Blake24
08-04-2002, 01:45 PM
Lectrons dont have jets?
:huh

stevengates45
08-04-2002, 02:48 PM
nope, i like not having jets though, I think lectrons are very very easy to adjust but thats just me.

Dave400ex
08-04-2002, 02:49 PM
Some say they are Hard, some say they are Easy. Tom Carlson won`t run anything else. It`s your choice. I mean you are lucky because if it doesn`t run right your Uncle can make it run right. lol

Sparky416ex
08-04-2002, 05:44 PM
D-wheels tested them all and voted FCR the best....but some guy on a 580 banshee at teh fair drags said go with electron....how much horse would they give? This 580 banshee would go 144 MPH in 700ft....He had nos and he had the trany rigged up to where he didnt have to let of off the gas to shift!!

stevengates45
08-04-2002, 10:11 PM
I think one reason he had lectron on there is because how easy they are to jet. Especially for 2 strokes being how the littlest temperature change affects them. Just like this weekend I raced on an alky blaster with a lectron & whenever the bike gets to runnin too fat you just lower the needle & lean it out.

Blake24
08-05-2002, 12:41 AM
hm......you sure have my attention with this whole jetting thing...........now how exactly did dirtwheels call the fcr a better carb..........?

Nausty
08-05-2002, 01:02 AM
because they pry put more ads in there.. duh

no really a lot of people like it more because it isn't as finnicky or hard to learn and goes with the same design most are familer with.

08-05-2002, 08:52 AM
Lectrons seem to be more of a WOT carb,,not real good at low RPM's or just putting around.. They are good carbs but require alot more maintance than FCR carbs...rocky ridge racing will sell lectrons for around $150 with the trade in of your stock carb..

Most people prefer FCR because its a pumper carb,,kinda like the stock 400ex carb and Honda & yamaha both put FCR carbs on there thmper motorcycles straight from the R&D department,,that right there says alot.. Plus you don't have to modify your airbox, airboot, clean it constantly, and mount it cockeyed like the lectron..:eek:

Dave400ex
08-05-2002, 11:36 AM
Rico hit the nail on the head. The Lectron is very high Maintenance.

stevengates45
08-05-2002, 03:08 PM
I dont really think theyre all that high maintenance, I mean atleast not for a 2 stroke...... raise the needle-richen it, lower the needle-lean it out. I havent seen them worked on fourstrokes though so maybe its more work than i know of.

08-06-2002, 07:44 AM
Steven they have to be taken apart and cleaned on a regular basis is what I meant by more maintance.. I've also seen problems with throttle sticking and idling issues,,it could of been a fluke or just bad luck with the one particular quad,,,power increase is inpressive,,,the other 5 headaches that go with it,,,No thanks..

stevengates45
08-06-2002, 03:44 PM
True, they arent the best at ideling but I guess for what we do with them, which is drag racing is doesnt matter as much for us as it would for you because the only time the bike is fired up is right when you go to stage up. Other than that,.... the bikes with the lectron carbs are pushed around to keep the engine as cool as possible becaue you know you the littlest one thousandth of a second is a huge factor in drag racing & the hotter the engine the slower your times so... Also your right they are more of a top end carb because in drag racing the throttle is pegged the entire time.

hetrick425ex
08-06-2002, 09:22 PM
hey guys thanks alot for helping me decide against the Lectron haha i think i am ganna go with a 41mm FCR..hows that sound???
thanks again!!!!
Casey - Hetrick Racing