PDA

View Full Version : Low End Problems

boredoutbanshee
04-26-2006, 07:35 PM
My Banshee runs great at idle and on the top end in the powerband, but it acts up bad when at a stand still and I go to take off. When the engine is idoling its fine then when you go to take off it sometimes sputters and acts like its not getting gas. The jetting is right, coil wires are connected good, and the filter is clean, also the plug wires are good as far as I can tell what else could be the problem?

dsaint77
04-26-2006, 09:59 PM
you running stock carbs? Engine Compression check, Needle setting, plugged jet, right cylinder smoking more than left. pilot jets correct. Carbs sync. Air screw.

These are the first thing that I would look at.

I had the same issue with a trinity stage IV. Turned out that my problem was my a combination between the needle jet and the pilot jet. Pilot was too big, and the needle was way way off.

It has a Keihin Carb and with those carbs the best needle to run is a CEL.

boredoutbanshee
04-27-2006, 03:39 PM
I checked on the pilot jet, I have Toomey T5 setup which means I need a 25 pilot jet, it's correct. When you say checking the needle you do mean moving the clip on the needle correct?

xtreme25t
05-02-2006, 08:07 PM
I had the same problem last summer. I took the carbs off and cleaned them. I also cleaned the air filter (K&N) and changed the plugs. The problem was solved for about 3 weeks. Then I noticed that the hotter the pipes got the worse the sputtering. Ran great at idle, always started 1st kick, and was awesome at high RPM. Cruising was almost impossible and it drove me nutz. I cleaned it all up again, had my carb guy readjust them, and in the end it was the damn gaskets behind the reed valves. I was told that it was sucking in too much air. Changed the gaskets and problem solved. I just figured I'd mention that cause after you get it all cleaned up, before ya put it all together, check all your gaskets for crappiness, (you know what i mean).

boredoutbanshee
05-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Yea, I never would have thought about checking the gaskets. Preciate the tip though, I'll try ANYTHING right now. Everytime I think I've solved the problem it just keeps coming back. Almost to where I'm at the point of selling it. Ive changed the jets, cleaned the carbs, air filter, adjusted the needle clips and the air screw, changed the plugs and it still acts up. I will give that a try though, thanks.