PDA

View Full Version : Works To TCS

Foxrage
10-06-2001, 06:08 PM
Can you get wrks double rate shocks have tcs convert them to there tripple rate for 250 dollars. If you can do this i thing that would be a pretty good deal. I think this is what im going to do buy works tripple rate or dual rate and have them converted after awhile. Has anyone did this before. Does tcs have a web site.

trx400ex
10-07-2001, 11:18 AM
you dont want to do this, the standard tcs is alot better than a converted works, first of all you cant get a dual rate works shock, second works are made cheap like nylon bushings that dissapear....thin shaft, and when you convert to tcs they dont change any of that, so basicly you have a shock you invested1000 on that isnt half as good as the tcs one, they dont have a website. i thought you wanted those shizznet peps lol!

Leo
10-07-2001, 12:11 PM
I thought that all TCS shocks were just re-worked works shocks..?

What shock body does TCS use?

Leo

EX_RIDER
10-07-2001, 12:58 PM
TCS is using an all new shock body.It is different from the works body.It use to be a rebuit works till not to long ago.They now have a 16mm shaft and heim end end joints standerent on them.

Foxrage
10-07-2001, 04:08 PM
I probly will get pep unless i need new ones right then cause i wouldnt be able to wait 3 months for pep. I would just buy the works tripple rate. If i needed new shocks right then.

CBRSLIDER
10-07-2001, 07:31 PM
Just FYI.

I ordered a set of Elka Triple Rate Piggyback front shocks with Comp. Adjustment two fridays ago(09/27/01) and they were in on thurday(10/04/01) of this past week. Their on my wheeler and have about 70 miles on them already and they are awesome. Very high quality hardware and seemed to be just the way I asked for them. I have ridden fast fireroads and tight rocky woods trails with them. The rides have been fast and furious. They have performed flawless(can't say the same for my Douglas .190's). Even hit a couple jumps with them and still no problems(setup for x-country racing). Never felt them bottom or pogo like the stockers. Very plush and controllable.

So if you're looking for new boingers, don't look past these Elkas. They cost me $764 including shipping. Can't beat that. I got them from The Quadshop and Marty has been great to work with. Unfortunately the prices are on the rise. They have recently gone up to $820 for the same shocks that I got but when you make such a fine quality product, the price is going to go up to the level of their competition. ie. PEP, TCS, Ohlins, heck Works are even going up. I won't mention Custom Axis' price.

Thought that I would share this with ya all. I am pretty tight when it comes to spending my money and I would not try to steer others like me in the wrong way. Thanks for your time and patience.

Ray

10-08-2001, 02:54 AM
To answer the question above...

TCS is now making their shocks using Elka bodies. They used works bodies in the past.

Regarding the ride of the works to TCS conversion, a friend of mine had his converted and they ride great. He said they're much better than the original works. I've ridden it a few times, and I think they're every bit as good as my Elkas.

ogre