PDA

View Full Version : chain hitting frame with smaller rear sprocket

trx250r86
04-26-2006, 07:01 PM
installed a 29T rear sprocket today on the AC 50, and noticed that with the smaller sprocket the chain lays on the frame/swingarm tube, does anyone make a tensioner/roller assembly to fix this problem? seems after a while it would start cutting into the tube.. chain is adjusted right now.. but with the little bit of slack it hits.. If you compress the suspension down the chain will tighten up and not hit..

Arctic Cat Dad
04-26-2006, 08:20 PM
I know Hetrick's has them. I run a 30t on the rear with no problem. In fact the rubber guard on the rear swing arm that protects where the chain may rub is in fine shape. Is the chain tight enough.

How's the project coming along. Haven't heard from ya since you pmed me.Did you have any trouble with the variator restricter and the clutch rebuild?

trx250r86
04-27-2006, 04:46 PM
sent you a pm..

newnick
04-27-2006, 06:18 PM
The tensioners lift up on the part of the chain that is riding on the bottom of the sprockets. When your kid sits on the quad does the suspension compress enough to lift the chain up off the swingarm? A tensioner is still the best thing you can put on a mini so I would get one anyway.