PDA

View Full Version : 06 a-arm wtf!

lumi
04-26-2006, 04:45 PM
hey guys, I was just waxing and fiddling with my quad and I was moving the wheel I can feel a sudden tick, or something. so keeep moving the wheele from the side towards the quad and away and saw the tick I was feeling or the groove was coming from the upper rear a-arm bushing/ assembly. it was moving forward and reward , the whole a arm bsuing until it hits a stopper . the movement is about the thickness of penny if as much.anways I did the same thing to the otherside and it was so small of a groove / tick felt normal it moved so lil from from to back. anyways can this be normal, looks too small of a movement to be something major but the right upper rear one move the most. the quad is about 2 months old no jumping done with it, no crahses and no wheelies. should I take it to the dealer, by the way can anyone see if there does the same thing especially onn a 06 thanks a lot guys

lumi

cletusEX
04-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Sounds like your a-arm bushings are going out. That shouldn't be happening after only 2 months. I usually have bushings last 6 months at least, but that is racing and riding a lot and aftermarket a-arms. For me, when it gets real bad, it feels like riding on a flat front tire.

lumi
04-27-2006, 06:34 AM
yea i dunno if its going bad my self, only one that is moving ever so slightly about a peeny width. and its only one, the upper right rear one. should i just bring it to the daler, or wait and see if it gets worse. thanks

-lumi

angry450r
04-27-2006, 08:52 AM
no jumps?no wheelies? you sure you gota a 450r? sounds like a a tired old yamaha!

aroracer72
04-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Why dont you try tightening the bolt......cause most likely it loosened up somehow. Its steel, tighten the bolt until the slack is gone.
Chad