View Full Version : Boots or no boots?????

Jeannie250R
04-26-2006, 02:51 PM
How many of u guyz wear boots wen rididn and how many of u guyz dont?

Jeannie250R
04-26-2006, 02:54 PM
I ride with my right boot only!!! I dont use my left bcuz there harder to shift at a fast speed! My right boot makes it easier to start my quad so that if the kick starter swings back up it wont hurt too bad. :scary:

450r51
04-26-2006, 03:31 PM
i say put ur boot back on, because if u do race the tracks wont let u ride with out a boot. and plus its extra protection incase u were to fall off or get ur foot caught up in something. if u dont like wearing the boot, u just gonna get used to riding with it.

what i do is whenever i got a brand new pair of boots i would wear them for a week whenever i could, id walk around the house with them and do alot of things with them on.

just get comfortable with them and ull be fine.

BKex
04-26-2006, 04:01 PM
ive broke my foot on a bike. flipped back and the peg landed on my foot with all of the weight of the bike on it. Ever since then ive worn boots its just extra protection

juanki
04-26-2006, 04:16 PM
if you have a problem shifting, try to move the shifter up so the relationship with the top of the boot and the shifter is good so you can shift with that much problem, thats what ai did with my shifter.

always wear boots and helmet, unless you are moving your quad from the truck to the garage.

there are new boots from axo called slammers they about 9" tall. they could help also.

Mean250r
04-26-2006, 04:41 PM
all i wear is timberlands. when i stop growing ill invest in a pair

04-26-2006, 04:51 PM
I always wear riding boots whether I'm just crusin around or racing...saved me many times!

tazman7
04-26-2006, 05:50 PM
After my last crash, I think people who dont wear boots are stupid- (I guess thats the easiest way to put it)

If I wouldnt have had boots on when I crashed I would have had to get pins in my ankle, luckily I only ended up with torn ligaments.

250r4life
04-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Jeannie250R
I ride with my right boot only!!! I dont use my left bcuz there harder to shift at a fast speed! My right boot makes it easier to start my quad so that if the kick starter swings back up it wont hurt too bad. :scary:

you've got to be frickin kidding me... e um grande tentacao escrever tudo isso em ingles, mas... nao tenho problema com uma moca fazendo perguntas e tudo, mas ela sempre esta escrevendo coisas que tem nada ver com nada e somente esta deixando a gente saber que ela a retardado... sei la, estou sem paciencia por isso... acabei ja...

zedicus00
04-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
you've got to be frickin kidding me... e um grande tentacao escrever tudo isso em ingles, mas... nao tenho problema com uma moca fazendo perguntas e tudo, mas ela sempre esta escrevendo coisas que tem nada ver com nada e somente esta deixando a gente saber que ela a retardado... sei la, estou sem paciencia por isso... acabei ja...

WTF?!? but imma gunna agree with the other guy, where yur boots that kicker hurts like a ****** if it slaps yur shin

beerock
04-26-2006, 09:13 PM
boots

Tom TRX250R
04-26-2006, 10:16 PM
I wear my boots 90% of the time, if I am just riding around the yard for a few minutes I just wear normal boots but if I am doing any hard riding such as at the track or dunes definately wearing the boots!!!

bananas
04-27-2006, 05:01 AM
Yes boots all the way.... It will take a bunch of rides to get use to, but a must..... You can get ones for $100.00 and up....

Jeannie250R
04-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Ive had my boots for a year already!! I just never liked them!! I also moved the shifter up and my nerf bars back to try to make it easier, it makes it a lil easier but not enough!!LOL

I was thinking of geting those low boots that look like hicking boots but have a buckles and shifter pad on the left one, they r for quads and dirtbikes! Has anyone tried those??:eek:

J.B.
04-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
all i wear is timberlands. when i stop growing ill invest in a pair

Same here. Tim's only and no problems.

beerock
04-27-2006, 01:29 PM
still think thats not too safe.

i had a pair of axo turbo rc's size 11 when i was 14 and my foot grew into them stopped at 10 1/2 and i wores them for 15 years until i couldnt take everyone laughing at me cuz they were so old and the soles were held up with screws and would fall off but they still did good.

i still have em if someone wants to buy em for like 50 bux

ZSK
04-27-2006, 09:33 PM
I deffinately say wear the boots. I rode my R for the first time today, and the kickstart bit my shin.:eek2: Went and put my boots on, the second time it slipped it hit the same spot and didn't hurt too bad. I've always enjoyed the added support of a pair of riding boots. I have a pair of Oneil ATV boots I bought for $110 3 years ago and they are holding up great.

DezSled
04-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Get some real boots, a friends wife went out to the dunes for the first time recently. She wore those low boots - half calf like, her foot slid off the kick starter and it hit her on her shin. Bam! nice bruise.Now she's looking for some real boots. She said she bruised her left heal too... don't know how she did that. My wife did it to in the beginning. Then she got some AXO boots.
You don't see any professional racer types wearing low boots do ya? Heather Bird, Cecco ...

Here she is decked out to ride at our favorite playground... plaster city ohvra.

beerock
04-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by DezSled
Get some real boots, a friends wife went out to the dunes for the first time recently. She wore those low boots - half calf like, her foot slid off the kick starter and it hit her on her shin. Bam! nice bruise.Now she's looking for some real boots. She said she bruised her left heal too... don't know how she did that. My wife did it to in the beginning. Then she got some AXO boots.
You don't see any professional racer types wearing low boots do ya? Heather Bird, Cecco ...

Here she is decked out to ride at our favorite playground... plaster city ohvra.

oh man how i wish i lived out on the west coast for those baja races and riding areas

im so jealous:D

nice R's btw

BLACKeR
04-28-2006, 12:46 PM
i wont even climb on the bike without boots. if you dont think you need them quite honestly you probly are a very slow rider. trade the R for a 300ex, itll be more your style. i rate my boots right up there with my helmet as must have safety gear. boots arn't about being confortable there about keeping your foot attached in case of a wreck. you have very sharp foot pegs, chains, sprockets and a very hot pipe all by your feet protect them and learn to shift with boots. a foot peg wont even slow down going through your leg in a crash, without boots.

J.B.
04-28-2006, 12:48 PM
I must be slow if i dont think i need boots. :rolleyes:

Save the safety lesson for your kids or your girlfriend.

beerock
04-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by J.B.
I must be slow if i dont think i need boots. :rolleyes:

Save the safety lesson for your kids or your girlfriend.

boy you are ignorant

blacker you hit the nail on the head.

and to add, i consider boots even more important then a helmet theres way mroe possibility of a foot slipping off a peg and getting yanked under the tire then flying off a bike and hitting your head.

thats the reality of it.

Jeannie250R
04-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Truthfull guyz im only asking ur opinion! the only reason im didnt use my boots lately was because i needed to get a surgery thingy on my toe! I got it yesterday now i just have to wait a wk than i can put my boot on!!!

TampaBoy813
04-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Jeannie250R
How many of u guyz wear boots wen rididn and how many of u guyz dont? I cant even start my R with out boots....I had the kicker come back on me one time and blow a hole in my shoe...that was the last time...

250rinLV
04-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Are u serious!!!?????

there is no way i would ride without my boots.

first of all with the R a kickstarter hitting ur shin doesn't feel too good.and back when i rode a blaster my foot slammed through the plastic heel gaurd, got caught underneath the tire but luckily it just spun me off the quad not anything more serious. plus, in one of my races my foot slipped in front of the peg and got caught there, that was before my nerfs which are another must-have item, that didnt feel to good either.

there is just no reason not to wear boots when riding.

04-30-2006, 01:11 PM
I rembre on this site a kid saying all he wore was slipers:huh . I ware my running shoes.