PDA

View Full Version : finding ATV racing industry jobs?

quadrcr161
04-26-2006, 12:42 PM
anyone here know where i can find a list of job opening in the atv racing industry? i dont mean in some dealership or anything i mean a serious position with an atv based company. it seems there isnt really a place for them to list the opening but mainly just by luck or word of mouth that people find out about there. i have tried the cyclecareers.com site but it is mainly dealerships.

I have about 15 yrs of atv racing experience, race shop experience dealing with building suspensions and scales, and my current job is PR with a new source and info web site and we also run an online national points series and have some very big companies as our customers.

if anyone knows anything or where i can look please let me know. relocating isnt a real problem and would prefer to stay on the east coast.

04-26-2006, 01:51 PM
i got a job for ya!

hgahahahahahaha

bwamos
04-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Honestly.. any job in any racing industry is pretty high demand.

I would write a professional resume' and blanket everyone in the industry. If you fish in enough ponds, you'll get a bite.

Be sure to have it printed professionally and mail it in a protected envelope (usually insert card stock on both sides of it), and mark it "Do Not Bend". It will never get looked at over the e-mail. I always sent mine FedEx Letter opposed to snail mail, and it gets taken care of better.

Having a small portrait printed next to your name/contact info is usually also helpful. Gives them a face so you're not "just another resume'"

quadrcr161
04-26-2006, 02:29 PM
yea, ive posted it on the cycle site but i never see anything for the atv industry. my resume and everything is professional, i actually have experience in track design, public relations/coordination and running a series but most of the racing jobs are in the automotive or dealerships.

i was just asking if anyone knew where else to look, i didnt know about the cyclecareers.com site untill just a few weeks ago.

antman
04-26-2006, 03:13 PM
you could start your own company??

quadrcr161
04-26-2006, 03:18 PM
i have thought of that, i am actually checking now about a series for local atv events, and quad only. the problem is the start up, ad the software i need to run it and the database of tracks. but hopefully i will have all that worked out soon.