PDA

View Full Version : Which is the better pipe kit

Smidgy
04-26-2006, 11:57 AM
I was thinking of buying a full exhaust, the two that I have been looking at are the HMF and the Rossier, which would be a better choice. I do plan to put the HRC kit on it at the same time as well

fandl450r
04-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Like a lot of things, you are going to get a variety of opinions on this. It's mostly personal preference. Not to rain on your parade, I don't really care for either. But if I had to make a choice I like the HMF, they build pipes for quite a number of engine builders, and seem to make some good numbers.

Quadster450
04-26-2006, 01:08 PM
i've got an hmf on a 250ex, great pipe, good sound, good performance, great guys to work with. i also run the rossier on my 450, love the pipe. just like fandl said, you'll get a lot of different opinions, it really is a matter of what you like. i will say that hmf has more options/colors/styles to choose from but otherwise i'm happy with my rossier and it's performance.

Smidgy
04-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Thanks, I think that i will go with the HMF, my buddy bought a pipe from them, he seems to like it a lot. I am sure that the rossier is a good pipe also, I had my mind made up on the HMF, but then i seen some impressive stats on the rossier, that is why I started the thread.

bwilson624
04-26-2006, 10:25 PM
The HMF is a great choice, but if your gonna go with the HRC kit, I would recommend that you stay with the HRC header. Honda has done their homework on this one and from what I understand the performance is amazing. If you buy the HMF header you'll probably only get about 1/2 to 1 more hp with it anyway. Let us know how it turns out.

Hummer
04-27-2006, 09:57 AM
i have a hmf and hotcams s2 and my buddy has a hrc kit and rossier and we took them to the dyno and i made 45 hp and he made 44 but from what i'm told the rossier will work better with bigger bore and higher comp pistons but with an all stock motor besides cams they are pretty even and the 1hp could have been due to chain lube brake rubbing are bearings so any how they are both about equal

Smidgy
04-27-2006, 11:19 AM
thanks there is no arguing the dyno, I don't imagine that I will be going to anything bigger bore, since my machine is mostly a trail rider, well a kick *** trail rider that doesn't like to get passed by anyone...lol

Smidgy
04-27-2006, 11:21 AM
I know this is a hard question to answer, but is there much difference in sound HMF to Rossier? I have heard the HMF sport but not the rossier