PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Spring Question

a_garrett82
04-26-2006, 08:30 AM
How do I change the clutch springs on my quad? I got some heavy duty springs for my DS and would like to have them installed before this weekend.

dunny_mark
04-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Not to sound smart, but get a manual. Then you can do anything to your quad with step by step instructions.

GPracer2500
04-26-2006, 06:33 PM
There will be bolts (six, I think) on the outside of the clutch pressure plate. Each one holds a clutch spring under tension behind it. Changing the clutch springs is as easy as removing the bolts and replacing the springs.

DON'T completely remove each bolt one at a time. Loosen them all a little bit at a time in a criss-cross pattern--the idea is to loosen them all together. Reverse the criss-cross procedure when retightening the bolts. A pneumatic ratchet makes the job a little easier and a lot faster but it's certainly not required.

Oh yeah, and get a service manual if your gonna be doing anything but basic maintanence on your quad. They're worth it for the proper torque values alone...;)

Eddiesanders250
04-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
There will be bolts (six, I think) on the outside of the clutch pressure plate. Each one holds a clutch spring under tension behind it. Changing the clutch springs is as easy as removing the bolts and replacing the springs.

DON'T completely remove each bolt one at a time. Loosen them all a little bit at a time in a criss-cross pattern--the idea is to loosen them all together. Reverse the criss-cross procedure when retightening the bolts. A pneumatic ratchet makes the job a little easier and a lot faster but it's certainly not required.

Oh yeah, and get a service manual if your gonna be doing anything but basic maintanence on your quad. They're worth it for the proper torque values alone...;)

exactly