PDA

View Full Version : long travel suspension question.

hontrx265r
04-26-2006, 06:30 AM
This is going to be tough. But I just want to know about how your longtravel bike suspension is. I'm running quadrate elka's. They always seemed too heavily sprung from the day I got them. I've been riding like that for about a year or so. Well a friend had some quadrate/spare main springs that were lighter then mine. I put them on and Now its very plush. I don't think its too soft. I'm guessing I just didn't know what I was missing. I ride mx/trails and occasionally the dunes. Is your longtravel on the stiffer or more plush side. It's always seemed to me that peps were softer feeling and axis were stiffer. Just from my experience with both. Neither bottom they just seem to have there own uniqueness. Any opinions? This is not a which suspension is better debate, so thats not what I'm asking for just how your aftermarket suspension feels to what you've experienced from otheres or else where.
sorry for the long post.

hontrx265r
04-26-2006, 06:31 AM
Another thing how do you tell if your valving is off, or your spring rate?

wicked265R
04-26-2006, 01:43 PM
I run long travel tripple rate fully adjustable axis and love them. They are on the softer side but I can use that since im not a heavy rider. I've ridden on two quads that had quadrate LT elka's and they both felt way to stiff and heavily sprung. I can't stand it. It makes the bike choppy and rides really harsh. Are your shocks valved to your weight? That will make them a lot better if they arent.

Mean250r
04-26-2006, 02:33 PM
yeh my elkas are pretty stiff. im goin with PEP on the 450 :cool:

hontrx265r
04-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Well you know they are "supposed to be valved" for my wieght. I haven't had them redone by a shop. I just had them serviced by gt thunder and now I wish I would have had him valve them, just to see the difference. They feel really good now, I haven't ridden on them which will be the true test. But the seem much.. much.. more plush now and I always though they were very choppy for something I expected to ride like pillows when I got it. ( I did buy them new for my front end and my weight riding style etc... they didn't come off ebay or anything.)

250Rkiller
04-23-2007, 06:40 AM
does anyone no whats the longest a-arms they make for a honda 250R TRX the longest i found was +3+3 and i want to no if there is anything longer than that

Aceman
04-23-2007, 07:10 AM
Merrill Extreme +4 +?
Laeger Pro-Trax? +4 +?

You could probably have them made if you really wanted to.

clean250R4-sale
04-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Mike

get the new Fox shocks.. FULLY adj. high and low speed. And only about $2,000.oo for front and rear..

You will never look back !

Mike C.

chawness
04-24-2007, 07:24 AM
I've had PEP Limited Mass triple rates with a Pro Trax T-Pin front end and PEP ZPS triple rates with +3 LT Houser arms and both are VERY plush but hardly ever bottom out (at least not that I feel).

hontrx265r
04-25-2007, 03:43 AM
This post is almost a year old. I've got full axis on my hybrid. Walsh front Lt and Dc-4 no link. I like them much better then my old setup (shocks anyway) But I wouldn't mind giving the fox a try.

chawness
04-25-2007, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by 250Rkiller
does anyone no whats the longest a-arms they make for a honda 250R TRX the longest i found was +3+3 and i want to no if there is anything longer than that

If you go over 3 inches you'll be wider than 49" overall, unless you are using a narrow frame...