PDA

View Full Version : Gunnar Kill Switch?

jstunkel
04-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Has anyone used a gunnar kill switch on they're LTR yet? I had a pro design switch but my dealer said it wouldnt work because i needed a kill switch that used an open circuit and the pro design was closed or vice versa...anyways there are 3 wires coming out of it, im guessing two of the wires are to complete the circuit and the other is ground but im not sure where to run them...we tried splicing into the handlebar kill switch and it didnt work, and help would be appriciated, thanks

CdaleXtreme
04-25-2006, 09:59 PM
You can use your Pro-design you just have to wire it differently.

While the Gunnar is a little more pricey. It is a snap to install, and I hear it is safer to use on the EFI systems because it is an open switch.

need2ride
04-30-2006, 09:51 PM
gunner kill switch is what i just put on

all u got to do is take and make a little slice in the wrap on the wires going into the black blob(run on off,headlight etc)take the orange/white wire cut in half put one wire from kill switch to each end of orange wire so it completes circuit make sure u ground it it wont run unless u do!!!!

AL Elks
05-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Gunner is the way to go for the reason mentioned above. That's what I have on my LTZ.

Where did you purchase yours as I am in need of one.

Ridin' Jesse
05-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Not to jack the thread or anything, but I have a Pro Design, and I'm not sure which wire is the hot wire on the coil so i can connect it...Kyle any ideas?...I heard its the white one but I'm not positive.

KWAD GAWD
05-02-2006, 11:00 AM
2 kill switch wires (Pro Design) - Black is ground. The other wire needs to tap into the WHITE wire w/ BLUE STRIPE coming off the CDI box (up front under the hood). Just got this info from Kevin of Lost Creek Cycyles, Dunk's bike builder/head mechanic.

TRXDresh
05-06-2006, 02:46 PM
I have tried to wire mine into the white and orange wire, but it keeps popping the ignition fuse. what is the deal? anyone got any ideas? Thanks,

outlaw#9
05-06-2006, 03:41 PM
hey drx tres... if your gonna use that kill switch , you HAVE to hook into the coil [white wire] ground the other side ,otherwize you will keep blowing fuses .

TRXDresh
05-06-2006, 05:15 PM
So I have to hook the two leads coming off the kill switch positive side into the the orange and white wire, and then hook the kill switch ground into the coil ground?

TRXDresh
05-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Or do you solely hook into the white coil wire? Where do you hook into the white coil wire at? Do you hook up close to the ecm?

outlaw#9
05-06-2006, 06:51 PM
First you gotta hook the 2 orange wires together .

dont cut the white coil wire ,just tap into it on the right side of the engine and ground the other side of the switch. Done

good luck