PDA

View Full Version : 426 question

shivvels
04-25-2006, 08:13 PM
i do almost all trail riding, and i put the 426 kit in, k&n filter, jet kit, tc racing cam stage 1, and i had a slip on wb pipe. should i go to a stage 2 cam?

GPracer2500
04-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by shivvels
i do almost all trail riding, and i put the 426 kit in, k&n filter, jet kit, tc racing cam stage 1, and i had a slip on wb pipe. should i go to a stage 2 cam?

My opinion?? I imagine you'd be satisfied either way. If you ride a lot of fast trails where you are in the upper RPMs alot then a stg 2 cam with more valve lift and duration might make your quad feel a touch faster. If you're lugging it out of corners alot--pulling the engine off the bottom end--then you might be better off sticking with what you've got.

If you enjoy tinkering with your quad and have a little extra scratch, I doubt you'd be dissappointed by going with a more aggressive cam profile--especially if you ride aggressively most of the time.

my $0.02

SHADETREE101
04-28-2006, 08:36 PM
for the stage two cam you have to gear down to keep the engine in the upper rpm range like said before. for most trail riders, the stock or stage one is the most you would need. you can't really lug the engine around at low rpm's with the stage two. when the stage two cam comes on you'll lose traction because of to much rev.