PDA

View Full Version : business managment

bansheeguy
04-25-2006, 04:32 PM
Anyone here take business managment?

I am considering going to a community college for business management.

fandl450r
04-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy
Anyone here take business managment?

I am considering going to a community college for business management.

I'm taking Business Admin.

Guy400
04-25-2006, 05:21 PM
I took it.

bansheeguy
04-25-2006, 07:35 PM
What did you like'dislike about it?

ny300exrider
04-26-2006, 08:13 AM
im interested in this topic as well because im highly considering going to college for a business degree after i graduate high school next year.

troutman561
04-26-2006, 08:18 AM
If you like stuff dealing with stocks, economy, and that stuff, do it, if not, look elsewhere... I began as a business major and hated it, so now I'm gona become a doctor lol

drybranch
04-26-2006, 08:23 AM
I have a BS in Business Admin with major in Finance. There is a lot more to it than stocks and such. I enjoyed the major but there are clases that focus on stuff such as stocks and the market but they just make you more rounded. You learn about marketing, management, investing, and basically how to make your business and personal finances better managed.

red2004 TRX450R
04-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by drybranch
I have a BS in Business Admin with major in Finance. There is a lot more to it than stocks and such. I enjoyed the major but there are clases that focus on stuff such as stocks and the market but they just make you more rounded. You learn about marketing, management, investing, and basically how to make your business and personal finances better managed.

Me to i got my AS in Business Admin then got my B$

STEVENJANNA
04-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Speaking from experience the "business" courses I took in college only applied to about 10% of what happens in real world applications. Yes it's a good foundation and helps you prepare for what operating a successful business is all about but, there is no better teacher than experience. Any business owner will tell you this I guarantee it.

cosborne
04-26-2006, 10:24 PM
I am a business management major at IUPUI in Indiana. It is part of IU which is Kelley School of business. I am finishing up my first year though. Its not to bad. I like dealing with all types of business though.

Moparman
05-04-2006, 01:53 PM
anyone in marketing i'm thinking of going to college for that.

red2004 TRX450R
05-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Moparman
anyone in marketing i'm thinking of going to college for that.

I took some marketing classes when i got my BSBA, art mixed with science is what business is all about. its fun, go for it. I would recommend going to a college with Accreditation by AACSB and get at least at BS!!! if not it will be hard to find a good paying job. if it is AACSB you will get a extremely well rounded education and be able to find jobs in marketing, management, Finance, and Accounting.

gbcap
05-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I graduated with a BA in Business Marketing. it is worth your time if you are going into management. I would take atleast one minor in another feild to get yourself alot more rounded.

i agree with some of the other people, there is only so much you can learn from a classroom. in the real world i ahve learned more in a year then i did in 4 years in college.

it is def a good foundation. worht your time!