PDA

View Full Version : 400ex clutch

exracer416
04-25-2006, 04:19 PM
i just installed ebc clutch plates in my 400ex now the problem is the clutch wont disengage when i pull the lever in i used the stock springs but it came with different springs could this be the problem????? what else should i look for??? i have a hinson clutch basket as well, any help would be appreciated

jeremy_283
04-25-2006, 07:55 PM
just make sure u put the plates in the right way......... you probably did ............. may just need to break em in? i have ebc in mine...... castrol oil made them wanna stay together and not disengage

exracer416
04-25-2006, 08:00 PM
i was kinda thinkin that i havent ridden on them yet so maybe i think i might out the other springs in while i have it apart

aviator4
04-26-2006, 10:18 AM
I think I would have used the springs that come with the kit. The Barnett kit I used stated that they spring MUST be replaced at the same time. Not sure why, but I did it and it worked flawlessley.

Also, make sure you have the clutch cable adjusted properly. Could be that the cable was adjusted for your old clutch that was worn and now the new clutch are thicker and aren't disengaging.