PDA

View Full Version : Jetting issuses ?¿ Gur !

250R4EVR
04-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Well, its the begining of riding season and of course the jetting is off again. It seems like everytime i ride the thing it needs to be re-jetted. Ok hears the Mods and someone please give me some direction for jetting.

Runs strog first through 3rd. 4th-6th Pop and Crackle and Power custs out and Comes back. ? ? ? ? ?

It was at a 155 main last year and it ran ok, now it doesnt run the same as it did last year and im fed up with this jetting.

Paul Turner National Kit
-----------------------------------------
PWK 36 MM. 152 main. needle 2nd notch from the top.
Hot Rod Kit
Pyramid Reed Kit
Paul turner TRX 9 pipe
Lrd Shorttie silencer
Ported Cylinder for Lowend- Mid range
Powerhead
30 0ver (66.75)

If anyone has any Idears where to start or what jetting to run please help me out. thanks Evan Naber

elbine69
04-25-2006, 05:41 PM
mine did the same thing and then after a while it wouldnt even run. We discovered that the cdi was going bad and that was the problem.

250r4life
04-25-2006, 10:44 PM
yep, if your jetting was on last year, and nothing changed (motor, weather, etc...) than its not your jettting... go through your card and blow out all your jets, spark plug, yada yada yada... and if not, unfortunately i'd say yah you're probably got a bad cdi...

machwon
04-26-2006, 04:43 AM
Install a new spark plug @ .020 gap. Check the stator pick up for excessive distance as well. CDI's either work or they don't at all.

xcracer416
04-27-2006, 11:08 AM
250r4ever dont feel bad about your situation, cause im in the same boat. i tore mine down to put a crank in it a hot rods one at that. and now mine is doing the same thing yours is

250R4EVR
04-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Road it all day yesterday and it ran fine. I dont know what is going on with this thing. I seem to have myself a High maintance B!tCh. I cracked the overflow yesterday so i just too the SOB off and ran a straight line out. them stupid things are usless.