PDA

View Full Version : Pro Racing

ATV Hammond
04-25-2006, 12:37 PM
I know that this is the wrong section to write this new thread, realy sorry, but the most people visit this section and I rely want to known how to make it pro.

I am just woundering how you go from racing at your local club to racing in the national championships, like the GNCC and the ATVA MX. and how much they make a yera from racing.

any help is greatfull, thanks alot :)

CdaleXtreme
04-25-2006, 10:15 PM
In the states where competition is at the highest level.

Its not about who had the fastest bike, or even who has the most years of riding experience under their belt.

It mainly comes down to how bad you want it. Anyone can go sign up for pro and try to qualify. You dont even need a pro liscense.

To be competitive in the Pro class you need to be able to keep the pace for 20+ minutes. You need to be able to train during the week, and train all winter. You need to have a good mechanic, and all of the necessities brought along with you in a large hauler to each race.

I would say only the top 5 pros from last year are making any sort of income racing. The others are running on their sponsor money and working the 9-5 during the week.

If you are thinking of coming to the states to make it big time, and you have to ask how much money you make. You will be burnt out, and broke before you ever even get out of Pro-Am.