PDA

View Full Version : ???? help with control on my 250x

xhondakid250x
04-25-2006, 09:37 AM
hey... i have a 92 250x.i have an extended rear axle and the front is stock.and every time i try to turn it flips....it still flips wen i lean my weight in to the turn...how would i go about making the front end of my quad widerbut not buying a armslol there mad expensive ....some one told me about somethin like inverted valves so that u can flip the rims that would give me like an extra 3-4 inches on both sides any suggestions would be aprechaited:confused:

04-25-2006, 10:51 AM
learn to ride better...

you can flip the rims, but you have to put new holes for the valve stems on the inside and weld the old holes closed. the added leverage also puts too much strain on the spindles and other components and will end up breaking them. big MAD costly fix there and could be MAD dangerous.
ude slow down a little more in the turns, get off the throttle a little and go take an atv safety course...it will benefit ya....

don't become a statistic for atv opponents to use against us

Tri-valleyracin
04-25-2006, 03:30 PM
i have my 300ex 50in the rear and stock in the front and i raced that way and had no real problens do wat speedyquad said to do thats all i can think of.

quadfamily
04-25-2006, 03:54 PM
You will get WAY more stability from the wider rear axle then you will from widening the front end so don't expect a night and day difference.

Cody_300ex
04-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by quadfamily
You will get WAY more stability from the wider rear axle then you will from widening the front end so don't expect a night and day difference.

I have to disagree, I perfer my quad(49in wide front end, stock axle) over a good friends 47in wide front with a LSR axle. Both 300ex's, I just like how it slides much easier in the turns.

quadfamily
04-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Interesting, I've tried it both ways and I found it to slide better and corner MUCH flatter with the wide rear vs. the wide front.