PDA

View Full Version : Rough jetting idea?

400exbiggun
04-25-2006, 07:03 AM
I know this is probably getting old, but I have no idea where to start, granted this is my 2nd ex, but this one actually has crap done to it and its been so long since I last had one.

We want to fire this motor up this weekend just to see if it runs. The mods are WB Track cam, high comp (dont know ratio) 416, it has aftermarket valves if that matters, springs and retainers (not sure brand), its ported as well. Really not sure on the details, the motor has been sitting for 5 years and my buddie kinda forgot who did it and all. All the head says is PR so were not sure who that is exactly.

Regardless where should I start jetting wise.
-416 high comp
-wb track cam
-ported
-valves (if that matter)
-full yoshi exhaust
-stock carb (for now just to get it running)
at about 900ft above sea level as well

Im not looking for exact jetting, obviously I have stock jets in now and need bigger ones but not sure HOW big to go and needle position.

GPracer2500
04-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Assuming an aftermarket airfilter and no airbox lid, I might start with a 42 pilot, Keihin 170 main, and needle in the 3rd or 4th clip postion.

Just a guess.

atvracer980
04-25-2006, 04:20 PM
I would start with a 160 or 165 main jet- I never ran over a 165 w/ a cam, larger valves, 402 motor, lrd flowed head, duncan exhaust and aluminum air box w/ lid . If you've removed the choke- use a 48 or 50 pilot jet for better starting.

400exbiggun
04-25-2006, 07:33 PM
I still have the choke, we swapped heads again because the valves in the other head were really corroded. Now its has stock valves, TC porting, and all the other same stuff.

And yes ill be running no lid with a k&n.

I was going to start with a 165-170 main, 42 pilot and in the 3rd position. Just need to get it started and take it from there.