PDA

View Full Version : me vs. scrambler?

flauge
04-24-2006, 11:43 PM
A buddy of mine wants me to race a scrambler 400. its gonna be straight heads up drag racing. how would i do against it u think? im pretty sure the scrambler's stock. if yall think that i cant beat it then wat do i need then? thanks........

Bighead1
04-25-2006, 04:44 AM
Man you should have no problem smoking him. That is if you are a decent driver. I have raced scrambler 500s and beat them, not smoked them but beat them. All of my mods are in my sig, as you can see no performance stuff.

TravEX
04-25-2006, 06:11 AM
If you're running a 14T he might come back and pass you on top. I have raced several Scrambler's (stock) and can pull past them, but they are sure fun to race. They are stronger than alot of people give em credit. What terrain is it on? Let us know.

My 400EX is piped and jetted. I used to have a Scrambler 400 and sold it a friend, and with just $300 for a AAEN top end pipe I could not touch him with my 400EX!

flauge
04-25-2006, 02:46 PM
it will most likely be on pavement..im not really 100% sure if it is stock, i havent seen it yet.. i guess ill have to put the 15t sprocket back on huh?

04-25-2006, 03:27 PM
put it this way, if u lose you should sell ur 400 because it will be an embarrasment for us 400ex riders to get beat by a scrambler... dont let it happen,, find a magical 6th gear

04-25-2006, 03:37 PM
lol....do you think my brute force 750 will beat your 400's

04-25-2006, 03:40 PM
lol....do you think my brute force 750 will beat your 400's

:p not mine, but a stock

04-25-2006, 03:49 PM
ya my brute would....WOOP a stock 400ex

exracer416
04-25-2006, 07:45 PM
i still have a scrambler 400 and a 400ex my scrambler would get the jump ten the ex would pass it back but top speed the scrambler passes it back slowly but surely, i put the 416 in mine so it wont beat me now, but you put a 416 kit in a scrambler from hpd and its goodbye 450's

TravEX
04-25-2006, 08:10 PM
exracer, that's the way it was when I raced Scramblers, I would catch up and pull ahead in 3rd and 4th. Pavement was the hardest place to drag race them, I preferred fields or packed gravel roads.

750rider, how close to Northeast Arkansas are ya? Maybe we could see how bad you would WOOP my stock (motored) 400EX?

exracer416
04-25-2006, 08:53 PM
yeah i see you used to own one, i think you have to own one to really appreciate them its been just as if not more reliable then my honda, wont say its bulletproof but it never let me down.

TravEX
04-25-2006, 09:04 PM
EXACTLY!!! (re: ownership). My brothers and mine had consecutive VIN#'s, they were 2000 models, my buddy still one too. Between the 3 of them, ZERO problems. Mine had a problem after I sold it to my best friend, he put the AAEN pipe on it and then got tired of it and sold and the guy wrapped it around a tree a week later. So I guess we'll toss that one up to loser (I mean, 'user') error!!! HEHE!!!

I sure miss the Scram though, turn the key and go! No jetting, muffler re-packing, hard cold weather starts, or things like that. I woulda been happy with the Scram stock, not 1 dime to spend on it, then I sell it and get all these Honda's (I love em, don't get me wrong) that I'm constantly spending money on, to make them quicker or look better. The trikes nickel and dime ya to death. Everything's metric (fasteners) and hard to find and expensive, but I love them more than my quads.

Speaking of, I gotta a 20 year old trike I'll line up against a Brute Force also. (Just ribbin ya 750rider, no harm meant)

Sorry for the novel, but I sure miss the Scrambler days.

Later

Travis

DOHC
04-26-2006, 05:26 PM
the scrambler 400's r faster then the 500's cause they r 2 smokes, scramblers r fast cause of the cerfigural clutch in them (same as a sled). but u can really wake a scrambler up with a clutch kit, jet kit and pipe :eek2: trust me on this i have a 2000 scrambler 500 and a 440ex and honestly its a fair race for both of u. good luck hook up good and pin it

DOHC
04-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by TravEX
EXACTLY!!! (re: ownership). My brothers and mine had consecutive VIN#'s, they were 2000 models, my buddy still one too. Between the 3 of them, ZERO problems. Mine had a problem after I sold it to my best friend, he put the AAEN pipe on it and then got tired of it and sold and the guy wrapped it around a tree a week later. So I guess we'll toss that one up to loser (I mean, 'user') error!!! HEHE!!!

I sure miss the Scram though, turn the key and go! No jetting, muffler re-packing, hard cold weather starts, or things like that. I woulda been happy with the Scram stock, not 1 dime to spend on it, then I sell it and get all these Honda's (I love em, don't get me wrong) that I'm constantly spending money on, to make them quicker or look better. The trikes nickel and dime ya to death. Everything's metric (fasteners) and hard to find and expensive, but I love them more than my quads.

Speaking of, I gotta a 20 year old trike I'll line up against a Brute Force also. (Just ribbin ya 750rider, no harm meant)

Sorry for the novel, but I sure miss the Scrambler days.

Later

Travis
Same here man i havent spent 1 dime on my scrambler starts perfect every time, well i have to spend money now cause my friend was riding it, did a cat walk bailed and it flip upside down and broke the front fender but i gave her half throttle and started right up haha gotta love scrams :p