PDA

View Full Version : locked it up tight tonight

TacomaNC4X4
04-24-2006, 09:11 PM
just found out that 4 4 wheelers has gotten stolen in the past 3 days on my road. i live on a 2mile dead and road and 4 atvs and 1 lawn mower has gotten stolen. 1 attempt to steal a polaris 800 but gave up when they coulnt push it up the hill. i just got done taking my tires off, ran a cable and a huge master lock, ran a big chain and lock and parked my truck in front of the barn door. i also loaded the winchester 1300 and the 270 just in case i get lucky and see the sorry *** thats doin it. its just ashame that ive got to do all that just to keep it from gettin stole. now i cant just go out for a 15min ride every day inless i put my tires back on and unlock the 50 ft of cable and chains. what do yall do to keep your stuff from gettin stole?

coolex
04-24-2006, 09:13 PM
shut the garage doors

ak_stick
04-24-2006, 09:14 PM
well I think thats a bit much to be doing every time you lock it up, but when I left for Iraq, we ran some aviation grade steel cable thru the frame around the axel and sprockets, then into the frame of my pickup, and put an military armory grade lock on it.

Try and steal that without a cutting torch....

TacomaNC4X4
04-24-2006, 09:17 PM
i usely just have a cable and big master lock but when i got home tonight i found out about all that and got alittle worried. im gonna do it for a while before i go back to just the cable.

04-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Keep that locked up tight like prom night.

400exrules
04-24-2006, 09:40 PM
i just have a small chain with a pad lock runnin threw a loop thing thats in a stud in the garage. plus i have insurance, and the garage door is always closed.
plus my driveway touches a 2 lane highway so thieves pretty much have zero cover.

and if u have to shoot someone, make sure they are either in your house or in your garage first or your in deep sh^t lol

TacomaNC4X4
04-24-2006, 09:50 PM
oh ive already got it all planned out. im gonna wait and see if they come in the house..if they do im shootin to kill. if they leave im shootin the front tire out and callin the cops

04-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Keep that locked up tight like prom night. :blah:

DieselBoy
04-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Keep that locked up tight like prom night.

LMAO

jrd426
04-25-2006, 06:48 AM
i leave the door open from the house to the garage.anytime my 2 pitbulls hear anything in the garage they race down the stairs to the garage and see whats going on.let anyone break in.they are not getting out alive.they both know those are mommy's and daddy's bikes.they are like guns.the difference is bullets only go in a straight line.my pits will run you down!!!! :grr:

PolarisRider06
04-25-2006, 09:29 AM
build yourself a couple of spud guns (lowers chance of death but deffinately will hurt like hell) and leave them loaded by the door. then keep the 270 for tires and shotgun for tailgates and lights... you could have a little fun with your security system and somehow run an electric current through your quad and then just tie it down with one cable... as soon as they grab hold it aint gonna feel good

jcv400ex
04-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Go get em Rambo......your not going to shoot someone that attempts to steal your fourwheeler. :rolleyes:

Pointing a gun at a human being is different than a deer....

rbgnwa45
04-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Do what you gotta do, but IMHO I wouldn't shoot someone for stealing my stuff. The punishment of a crime shouldn't be worse than the crime itself. The best thing you can do is have an unloaded gun for effect. People who steal have problems, and shouldn't be killed for it. I don't know the law in NC but you might get in trouble for doing it. Try taking the air out of the tires :rolleyes:

CTmxyfz
04-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
i just have a small chain with a pad lock runnin threw a loop thing thats in a stud in the garage. plus i have insurance, and the garage door is always closed.
plus my driveway touches a 2 lane highway so thieves pretty much have zero cover.

and if u have to shoot someone, make sure they are either in your house or in your garage first or your in deep sh^t lol

a burglar can sue you for you hurting them or them getting hurt on your property. be realistic here.

shows what kind of world we live in

Trevor
04-25-2006, 12:26 PM
My keys are in mine!

I have insurance

wckedclownz69
04-25-2006, 12:29 PM
im getting insurance.. i live by a whole crowd of ppl in trailers im scared haha ... i dont trust anyone around here.. i just moved here too... i got mine locked up

04-25-2006, 12:38 PM
i shut my garage door :D

but for all yall who dont have a garage....sucks for you!!!:o

NET450r350x
04-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Mine is in an old barn 400 yards away from my house with the keys in it. Parked next to everything else in my sig. all with their keys also. I'm not too worried about them though becuase we're on a private road out in the middle of nowhere. Even if it was stolen it'd be found back becuase its probably the only 450r within 200 miles.

god i hate central Idaho....

ilpadrino113
04-25-2006, 04:59 PM
i wouldn't shoot someone stealing my stuff. maybe a warnin shot to scare the hell out of em and then they realize my quad isn't that important.

Quad18star
04-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Just put up a sign that says " My rottweiler loves theives "

Everyone around us has had their stuff broken into . I lock my stuff up in the garage . We have a sticker on the house and garage doors that says we're protected by a Security company and everyone around knows not to come in the yard because of our dog . He might look nice and cuddly , but if he doesn't know you , he'll tear you a new a**hole if you get too close to our stuff .

Mean250r
04-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by TacomaNC4X4
oh ive already got it all planned out. im gonna wait and see if they come in the house..if they do im shootin to kill. if they leave im shootin the front tire out and callin the cops

nah when my house got robbed. cop (was a cool guy) told us that if he is out of the house DO NOT shoot him. and if you do drag his body inside and put a kinfe in his hand. sounds kinda sick i know. but better then being locked up!

PolarisRider06
04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
to tell you the truth my predator has the keys in it part of the time... not all the time and it sits right in the front yard... the sleds have the keys in them all winter in front of the house.

my 1979 ford has the keys in it whenever its at home, along with my dads car (01 taurus) and his 1994 pete and his wilson flatbeds always attached to that, and my sisters car when its here has the keys in it.... so pretty much my preddy and my moms mariner are the only vehicles that dont always have the keys in them....

i think a lot of people know who my dad is, and most are friends with him... so to steal from him wouldn't be good because they know he will find out who it was sooner or later...

1fst400
04-25-2006, 08:04 PM
my quad is in the back of my truck moast of the time. Package deal.

It would suck to live somewhere where you have to lock stuf up all the time. Have to wory about keys and stuf. I dont event know if there are keys to my house. when we go on vacation we lock the door. But to get in we just go in throu the overhead garage door.

If someone tried starting my quad to steal it. Lol good luck. with the combo if the wb rev box and the FCR carb. and the wicked slow cranking because of the high comp piston. No one accept me can start the stupid thing. and if you did get it runing, the whole damn town would hear it. lmao.

coolex
04-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
nah when my house got robbed. cop (was a cool guy) told us that if he is out of the house DO NOT shoot him. and if you do drag his body inside and put a kinfe in his hand. sounds kinda sick i know. but better then being locked up!

thats wat my parents always told me to do is shoot them then drag them in and make it look like he was in the house already

TacomaNC4X4
04-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r

thats what the cop told me when i was tellin him today at work. my grandpa shoot somebody not too long ago for stealin firewood after he warned him 2 times. i wouldnt shoot them inless they came in the house. i would shoot their tire out and call the cops. we live way out in the middle of nowhere on a 2mile dead end paved road and then down a dirtroad so its kinda unusal. all the people sell hay to the same people and they got a good idea who it is but theres no way to prove it...

TacomaNC4X4
04-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
tie a fishing line around the quad and another end around your pinky. when they try to steal the quad you will get a nice tug on your pinky and you can go get them

im gonna start doin this. lol

jcv400ex
04-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by PolarisRider06
to tell you the truth my predator has the keys in it part of the time... not all the time and it sits right in the front yard... the sleds have the keys in them all winter in front of the house.

my 1979 ford has the keys in it whenever its at home, along with my dads car (01 taurus) and his 1994 pete and his wilson flatbeds always attached to that, and my sisters car when its here has the keys in it.... so pretty much my preddy and my moms mariner are the only vehicles that dont always have the keys in them....

i think a lot of people know who my dad is, and most are friends with him... so to steal from him wouldn't be good because they know he will find out who it was sooner or later...

Bagley isn't very big either, so everyone would know who did it. Does your family work at Team Ind?

red2004 TRX450R
04-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Trevor
My keys are in mine!

I have insurance

insurance co's will not cover it if you leave the key in it!!!!

NorCalRacer
04-26-2006, 10:26 AM
In my are, the last two home robberies involved murder and attempted murder. If a person is a thief, they deserve nothing, They are the among the lowest of the low and whatever happens to them doesn't matter because they become less than people when they are thieves and such it IS like pointing your gun at an animal. Thieves do have something wrong with them, they are allowed to continue breathing. If you go into someones home and take their hard earned posessions you are attacking their livelyhood.
As far as not pointing a gun at thieves, up here they try and kill you after the robbery so I would shoot, and I wouldn't feel bad.
Home invaders, thieves, rapists and murderers (killing for a reason othe than self-preservation) deserve whatever they get. If a few of them get shot maybe it will be a prcedent for the rest.
I know that in the last attempted home invasion two of the invaders were shot dead:D They were attempting a robbery and beat a 17 year old kid within an inch of death and were finishing him off when the stepdad got the gun. He shot the first one, a minor, several times. When the other two went to flee, he shot one of the punks in the back (also a minor) and the other got away. I think it is great he got the first two and too bad he missed number three. He did not get prosecuted for anything other than having a gun when he wasn't supposed too. He didn't even get in trouble for shooting the kid in the back. Two more future lifers off the street.
For those of you who say don't use a gun to defend your house imagine your child or wife being the victim. I'd rather be in jail than rolling over for a worthless criminal...

04-26-2006, 10:44 AM
like %99 percent of the homes that are invaded contain guns

Mxjunkie
04-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Paint ball gun ;)

8my_Cash
04-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
a burglar can sue you for you hurting them or them getting hurt on your property. be realistic here.

shows what kind of world we live in

in texas you can shoot and kill a person that is on your property at night if they are stealing something its a law there..

and in here in jersey if the person breaks into your house you can shoot and kill them

m_townsgreatest
04-26-2006, 07:09 PM
we had an incident at my house where about 20-25 buys showed up at my house with bats and such. my dad came out the 45 and then put it away b/c my dads crazy and he would shoot and kill someone.the cop told my dad that if he pulls the gun to be sure what he's going to do with it. he also told him that if he shoots someone whos on my front porch wanting to harm my dad or his family and he shoots the person. that he most likely wont get in trouble. he said its insinct to protect your property and family. he said if my dad woulda shot the guy that he wouldnt have gotten prosecuted b/c he was in fear of his and his familys life.

needless to say the guy that he pulled it on got the SNOTT beat out of him by my brother(the guy threw my dad in a corner and 6 guys jumped on him and started kickin him) all my dad got was a black eye. my brother had what they call a boxers fracture, where the bone breaks and is repeatly hit and freys out. the guy had to have broken sumthing, my brother hit him around 100-120 times.

i ran to the garage and got my baseball bat but i was only 11 year old, 100pounds and there was about 15-18 guys that were in the 20's and 30's that were 200-200 pounds and i decided ill prolly get killed

DieselBoy
04-26-2006, 07:19 PM
why did 25 guys show up at ur house? did your dad not pay for the drugs?

WhiteYFZ
04-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
why did 25 guys show up at ur house? did your dad not pay for the drugs?

so not only are u acting liek an *** in my thread, but u are in other peoples too:grr:

DieselBoy
04-26-2006, 07:41 PM
relax little man, its all good

1fst400
04-26-2006, 09:21 PM
shut up and poor some diesel in your 400ex.:rolleyes:

DieselBoy
04-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by 1fst400
shut up and poor some diesel in your 400ex.:rolleyes:

LMAO!

m_townsgreatest
04-27-2006, 12:57 PM
well....i'll just tell you the story.

The new years eve from 02-03 my brothers friend pulled out infront of some big time drugee. the guy got mad and followed him and my brothers friend got scared and knew that we had people that could fight here. So he came back here and the guy came to my door and started poppin off at the mouth. Well while doing so he called a skitso black kid that can pretty much beat some one pretty bad, the N word. So the kid came outta the house and started hittin him. Well the guys g/f tried to jump in and start slappin the black kid. so my brother ran out and pulled her off. The guy left and came back about 2 hours later with 25 people. So before you say sumthing smart and disrespect someone you dont know. think! *****!:mad: :grr:

Mud Roost
04-27-2006, 01:53 PM
LOL...

400exstud
04-27-2006, 03:02 PM
We should just go back to Hammurabi's Code. That should be a good deterant.

Sjorge450R
04-27-2006, 03:18 PM
good way to protect your quad, take a front shock off. :o.

Its an easy thing, two bolts and then you are good to go. I would love to see someone pushing my quad up the street missing a shock, let alone, having them try to start it. Also, take your kill switch with you. Not many people were I live have a kill switch.