PDA

View Full Version : Need a pipe...

Zeppelin03
04-24-2006, 08:53 PM
I want to get a new pipe soon and im lookin into a full exhaust. I have an FMF Q slip on right now and its not much better than stock it jsut came on it when i bought it. I was lookin for something good for trails and sandpits but not too loud and obnoctious so it makes people mad. Ive looked at sparks, yoshi, lrd, and hmf but it doesnt say how loud any of them are and Im lookin for an opinion from people who use them with the kind of riding i do.

hdavis21
04-24-2006, 09:03 PM
ive got an hmf slip on got good power but it is pretty loud.

guinness77
04-25-2006, 09:22 AM
I have a White Brothers E-Series. I love it. The silencer is adjustable for either more low-to-mid range or mid-to-high range. It's quite quiet and tests out around 93 to 95 decibals. It's extremely light weight and looks good to.

I have; however; disovered a design bug that you ought to be aware of. You see those rivets running around the outside of the outer tube near the rear? Those hold the silencer innerds in-place. The outer tube is soft aluminum. After you have had to drill those rivets and re-pack the pipe a couple of times the rivets aren't as tight. As you ride the holes for those rivets begin to stretch. Then they will tear entirely. The innerds are steel, they don't rip. But that soft outer tube won't last.

There are a couple of way's around this. What I recommend is getting a piece of sheet steel and very carefully wrapping it around the existing tube. Then WELD that sheet of steel. It's very easy to drill holes over the existing ones. That's what I did. It took quite some doing. I'm still using rivets but I'm going to weld some nuts to the inside of the innermost steel guts of the pipe and just use bolts with BIG washers instead of rivets. This is because even the steel holes are beginning to show signs of stress. I connected a strong spring between the frame and a plate screw and that extended the life of the drill holes by 3 or 4 times.

Hope this helps.

hondamanex400
04-25-2006, 02:24 PM
as long as you leave the spark arester in a yoshi, it wont be too loud as well as give you better preformance over stock. but i live in the country, so i removed my arester from my full system yoshi.

muddymulisha
04-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Ive got a white bros E2. Great powers gains with right jetting, and you cand shange endcaps to ajust noise level.