View Full Version : Running problems

m3snowboarder
04-24-2006, 08:49 PM
warrior troubles,
I just took apart parts of the carb to clean it and the air filter and airbox. So after all this I put it back in and it starts. Now heres the problem I had some brownish smoke coming from around the engine block after a short time running, released I hadn't got all the engine cleaner off. Still seems to come out the exhaust, but not the end. Just leak up from the pipes. Well it would backfire if I gave it any gas. I have one tube not connected to anything from the carb. It is about a pencil long and pencil width. After messing wtih the idle adjustment nothing seemed to stop the bogging.

Well now I think the engine stopped smoking, possibly from degreaser who knows? But now it won't even start, after a few tries it sounds like my battery is clicking. I'm 99% all carb tubes are connected tightly. I'm so confused and just want to ride!

Hoping to get this going so I can sell it coming up also.

4TraxRider
04-25-2006, 02:14 PM
If you open you float bowl drain screw does gas come out?

m3snowboarder
04-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Nope, and not sure if that is good or bad ha...

GPracer2500
04-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by m3snowboarder
Nope, and not sure if that is good or bad ha...

If the gas tank petcock is in the ON or RES position (and there is gas in the tank), then opening the float bowl drain screw (#22 in the below picture) should drain fuel throught the float bowl drain hose.

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/assets/schematics/Yamaha/YA6253_12.gif