PDA

View Full Version : 300ex mods and ???

hard one
04-24-2006, 07:01 PM
you ever look at your air boot and wonder what that clear container is that conects to your valve cover and goes back into the air boot?
It is a stupid emmission part!
I wash taking things off cause i was bored and rode with it out and it started right up better and faster than normal.WHAT IT DOES IS IT TAKES UNBURNT FUEL AND OIL AND PUTS IT BACK THREW THE AIR BUT TO BE BURNT AGIAN.But it also chokes down the engine and dosent let enough uncontaminated fuel and air go threw. if you do take it off just run it with the rest of the other drain tubes like they do on 2 strokes.
Some burnt gases will come out but not much.

Now all you have to do is plug up that hole. I am currently researching something to inject threw the hole,(but not no2)i dont wont to blow up my hole neighborhood!
:devil:

I have tons of paintball nitrous tanks and co2 but dont know what to put in them yet that will help atomize the fuel faster.

Also i have a question when i would jump my 300ex before all of this it would stutter sometimes when i landed but other wise runs great any ideas?

300exrider25
04-26-2006, 04:41 PM
im not exactly sure but it could be that when you land the choke lever is turning on partially and then it readjusts itself. Im not sure that that is what it is but it might be

alexmx22
05-15-2006, 05:22 PM
you should put little breather filters on the two blow by gas outlets so no water or any other crap gets on while you're riding

krt400ex
05-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by hard one
you ever look at your air boot and wonder what that clear container is that conects to your valve cover and goes back into the air boot?
It is a stupid emmission part!
I wash taking things off cause i was bored and rode with it out and it started right up better and faster than normal.WHAT IT DOES IS IT TAKES UNBURNT FUEL AND OIL AND PUTS IT BACK THREW THE AIR BUT TO BE BURNT AGIAN.But it also chokes down the engine and dosent let enough uncontaminated fuel and air go threw. if you do take it off just run it with the rest of the other drain tubes like they do on 2 strokes.
Some burnt gases will come out but not much.

Now all you have to do is plug up that hole. I am currently researching something to inject threw the hole,(but not no2)i dont wont to blow up my hole neighborhood!
:devil:

I have tons of paintball nitrous tanks and co2 but dont know what to put in them yet that will help atomize the fuel faster.

Also i have a question when i would jump my 300ex before all of this it would stutter sometimes when i landed but other wise runs great any ideas?

I'm not positive, but your jetting may be off. If it runs great except when you land off of jumps then your mainjet is probably fine, but your pilot jet may be off. Also your fuel screw could be rich. Usually when you land, unless your a racer, you don't have the throttle pegged so it might be that your bottom end jetting is off(i.e. pilot jet). The fuel screw affects how rich the bike idles so that is why you might want to play with it. Usually if the bike is running to rich off the bottom, it will studder(not hesitate; that would mean that it's running too lean) when you punch it or when it bogs after landing off a jump