PDA

View Full Version : 300ex moves in reverse when clutch is engaged

08-03-2002, 01:29 PM
i just recently noticed that when i put my 300ex into reverse it moves even when i have the clutch engaged. It is only moving at idle speed tho. If i rev it up it doesnt increase the speed. Its not that big of a deal but I wanna know what the problem is.
Thanx

phatswinn
08-03-2002, 02:02 PM
there isnt a problem, it just means the clutch is engaged enough to make it move, it only does it because the reverse gear is such a low gear

Sparky416ex
08-03-2002, 03:23 PM
No thats not why it does it...because your proly pulling the clutch in all the way...same with me mine does it too...get new clutch

Sparky416ex
08-03-2002, 03:25 PM
When it wears a little more it will also start doin it in 1st gear....but if you have noticed after you warm up the clutch it doesnt do it anymore...does anyone know a good way to fix it or what exactly is wrong

300exryder
08-03-2002, 05:04 PM
I just replaced my clutch after i found out that it moved in all the gears with the clutch pulled in. When i back it out of the garage (totally cold start) and put it in reverse it will just take off at idle speed for like 3 or 4 seconds and that's it. It doesnt do it unless it is the first ride after sitting in the garage overnight. I just replaced the clutch so i think it is normal.

08-03-2002, 05:25 PM
adjust hte clutch lever, thast what happened to me i had too much slac in the cable

TheX1992
08-03-2002, 05:52 PM
just a thought but when i re-did my right crank case gasket and stuff the clutch has needlebearings where the rod pushes in (when you let out the clutch that bar on the outside of the case moves). maybe your needlebearings are worn or something? just a thought.

$$$moneyex
08-03-2002, 09:44 PM
my dads does that to but only when its cold. he was wondering why it did that ill tell him to adjust the clutch cable( or just do it my self, i like fixin his 4wheeler cuase i want a 300 but he wont let me buy one)

08-03-2002, 10:47 PM
:rolleyes: dont go replacing your clucth.....listen to me.....that means your clucth isnt engaged enough....take the machine when the motor is COLD and move your clutch lever back and forth and check the freeplay it should have a lil free play take some play out of your lever by backing out where the cable goes into the perch it should be fine