PDA

View Full Version : crancase gasket

exrider23
04-24-2006, 05:27 PM
I took my right crankcase cover off and i need to replace the gasket...do i just stick it on there and volt everything back up?

1fst400
04-24-2006, 06:37 PM
thats the clutch side corect?

if so you need to make shure the linkage is hooked on corectly, it can be tricky the first time you do it. Make shure you dont over tighten the bolts, them little 8mm bolts strip EASY!. I have done it many times.

exrider008
04-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by 1fst400
thats the clutch side corect?

if so you need to make shure the linkage is hooked on corectly, it can be tricky the first time you do it. Make shure you dont over tighten the bolts, them little 8mm bolts strip EASY!. I have done it many times.

ya those bolts are only 7ft lbs and they strip VERY easy.

SHADETREE101
04-24-2006, 06:56 PM
before i put any gasket on i coat them with wd-40 that way when you remove your case next time it will be less likely to rip the gasket. i do this on all of my bikes. i usually only have to replace my original gaskets since the factory doesn't do this. it basically keeps the gasket from baking to the case.

exrider008
04-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by SHADETREE101
before i put any gasket on i coat them with wd-40 that way when you remove your case next time it will be less likely to rip the gasket. i do this on all of my bikes. i usually only have to replace my original gaskets since the factory doesn't do this. it basically keeps the gasket from baking to the case.

or u could just buy new ones and play it safe. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1fst400
04-25-2006, 07:47 AM
ya, but for a guy that runs his quad on nitro methane. I think he mite have things figured out.

Im going to coat my gaskets w/ wd-40 from now on, Becaue buying a new 15$ gasket every time I want to inspect my clutch gets old.