PDA

View Full Version : lets hear the truth

Rob Z400<LTR450
04-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Well guys just wanted alittle info, I really have liked the LTR 450 since I first saw it and in two weeks I will be on vacation from Iraq and was wanting to get a new 4 wheeler wanting the LTR also curently have the Z400 and have broke the swing arm on it once already Q: would the LTR be worth buying or is there plenty of room for improvement on the next years model and just wait. thanks for any input from everyone. Oh I will be going to the little Sahara in Oklahoma the 21-24 of May THANKS AGAIN FOR ANY INFO.

yamracer
04-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Yes the ltr is deff. worth getting, the handeling, the power, everything is great stock!

Rob Z400<LTR450
04-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Thanks yamracer have youy got one yourself already, I was just a little concerned with the glitch in their rear swing arms that I have heard of breaking already and was just curious if it might have just been on certain ones built just before quiting time LOL.

MXracer16
04-24-2006, 06:27 PM
It's not the rear swingarms that are breaking, the swingarms are actually fairly strong. Whats breaking is where the linkage mounts to the frame. There is a washer that isnt welded all the way around and it is tearing right out from the hole. Some of the newer ones that are coming out are fixed by having aweld all the way around the washer. There shouldnt be many more problems with it.
Other then that, it is a great machine. I love everything about mine, the power, the handling, the ergos, everything. If you get one, you wont be disipointed.

jbfoco
04-24-2006, 07:37 PM
yeah i would never buy one they are slow and dont handle at all. The cherry bomb is a joke too it makes the quad lose power. I only got second at my last race because of how much of a pos it is.

I would recomend the ploaris outlaw thats a real machine

:D

CdaleXtreme
04-25-2006, 12:10 PM
The LTR is worth considering. If you do any Motocross it really is the only answer.

Take some time to do some reading if you are concerned about the Rear end breaking. Its a simple fix. Plus if you buy one now it will most likely be fixed from the factory. (When is the last time HONDA did anything like that). They are still having crank problems after 3 years! :rolleyes:

Rob Z400<LTR450
04-25-2006, 05:15 PM
I must say that pretty much sums it up nothing discouraging, I do ride motorcross just at a few local tracks and few races but as for what input I have recieved so far I am planning on getting one in about 2 weeks and will have to post pics. when I finally get it. Thank for the information guys and I will continue keeping close tabs on the forum for further updates if anyone has anything to add. All is appricated ?

wyldelee
04-25-2006, 07:21 PM
First let me say that if you are a member of our armed forces---Thank You for your service, and I wish you a safe and speedy return home! Yes go ahead and get one, you will love it! It is a great machine, and you will not be dissapointed.