PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of the junk on the left side of you're bars!

armoks
04-24-2006, 10:57 AM
First heres a diagram of you're wires out of you're big ugly box on you're handlebars

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/armoks/quadpics.jpg

armoks
04-24-2006, 10:58 AM
1) To wire up a teather, first you need to conect the two orange wires together. Then take the teather wires and run one to the white wire either coming up on the side by the speroket cover or on the right hand side behind the upper motor mount. the other wire from the teather you run to a ground up by you're handlebar stem just loosen a bolt put the bare ire under it and tighten it back down.

2) to wire up a dirtbike kill switch as a start button. take the wires from the switch and conect one to the yellow w/black stripe wire and the other to the black wire.

3) Now I am just running my trailtechs off of the high beam so I connected the solid yellow and grey wire together and it will come on when the key is turned on to the light setting.

4) for the choke/idle advance I just tucked the wire up under the gas tank but some have taken it off completely. if you take it off leave the plunger in the carb and silicone the hole.

armoks
04-24-2006, 10:59 AM
There is a way to do it without cutting the wires but I did'nt do it that way. I just cut and spliced them to get this to work!