PDA

View Full Version : tires...

whitexc
04-24-2006, 09:57 AM
ey folks, looking for a little input on tires. I am looking at the Holeshot HD's and wandering if anyone has them...and do you like them. The thing is they look really heavy to me, and I may be thinking wierd but that is more rotational mass and thus a power robbing factor. They are going on a 450r thatis used for lots of trail riding and the occasional trip to a track...some dice runs and lots of woods riding. Let me know what yah think, thanks.

rooster300ex
04-24-2006, 02:33 PM
ITP made that tire tough & lightest as possible. its a real good tire. but i like the less agressive flat profile tires. Because i'm a fast trekker fan. i would get a pair of 20in rear fast trekkers. They don't wear as fast as alot of people say.

TRX23rider
04-24-2006, 06:47 PM
the hd's are great tires, they are perfect for what you ride in. the extra weight was hardly noticable to me when i got mine and they have amazing hook up

whitexc
04-25-2006, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the input guys...I'll probably get the HD's. Just talked to my buddy and he said his will be here today, so maybe I'll check them out first.

rooster300ex
04-30-2006, 08:52 AM
If your looking for all hook up, those are the tires for ya.

whitexc
05-02-2006, 07:50 AM
I just helped my buddy mount his rear HD's up and before we did, I removed one of my rears...and we weighed them both on a digital scale:
- one stock wheel and one stock tire(dunlop) 50% worn weighed in at 19lbs.
- one stock wheel and one HD weighed in at 23.5lbs.

That makes for a 4.5lb difference per side and 9lb all together...just on the rear. I realize my stocks are worn and that sheds a little weightbut....Just thought I would let you guys know what we found out.....Does any one know how much the gncc's weigh?

Sjorge450R
05-02-2006, 12:52 PM
the rear GNCC tire will weigh about 19lbs on a stock wheel.