PDA

View Full Version : POS axel

Villageidiott22
04-24-2006, 06:46 AM
anybody had any problems with there axels. ive owned my kfx for about 4 wks havent hit any massive jumps yet, kinda just breakiner in and gettin a feel for the bike. and just last nite i realized the axel was bent a hair. not alot just enough for me to notice if i was riding on the road. now should i replace the POS or just let it go, its not bad. i checked to see if the bend was near the axel carrier and it doesnt seem to be. its closer to the hub so i figure let it go..... what u think????? whats a durable axel that wont break my bank?

4TraxRider
04-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Yeah the axels are pretty weak. Look into a Lonestar axel. I've bent mine but only after a full season of mx and hittin my ramp. An RPM is another great choice, but they are a little more pricey. Avoid Durablue if you already bent your axel, i've had bad experiences with them and know a lot of other people who have also.

Villageidiott22
04-24-2006, 08:35 AM
it really chaps my *** the bikes a brand new 06, im alittle on the heavy side but still, ive gone off one little drop off of about 5 or 6 ft jumpin a river and landed a little sideways but thats it. im assumin thats what did it. ya think i think im just gonna leave it on until i can really justify getting a new axel. cuz when i finally do replace it i might as well do the bearings while i got the carrier tore apart.

Villageidiott22
04-27-2006, 08:43 AM
This might be a dumb question but is it really gonna cause any harm if i continue to use the bent one????

4TraxRider
04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
I ran my Z for a few months with a bent axel. I don't think it makes too much of a difference really. I've heard it wears the bearings out faster, but maby somebody on here knows for sure.

booterskuggs
05-01-2006, 09:08 PM
I race WORCS and desert and bent 2 stock axles. I got a lonestar and no more problems

z_militia
05-02-2006, 12:31 PM
I bent my stock axle alittle and kept riding and then it got bent more then it broke my stock bearing carrier into 2 pieces.. So i bought a Lonestar axle and a Magnum bearing carrier and had no problems for over a year and a half now.

Tri-valleyracin
05-02-2006, 03:45 PM
my dad has a 2003 z400 and it has a stock axle and wheel spacers and i have hit big jumps with it like a 40 ft double and have had no problem. i know that hes planing to to get a aftermarket one some time but i think stock is good for know and there cheap to replace if i need to.

IrideMHSC
05-02-2006, 04:03 PM
I havea durable axle for sale if your interested.. pm me

MoToX199
05-07-2006, 01:16 PM
that sucks,i havent bent mine yet and i also hit pretty big jumps with my dvx and that has spacers,but if mine does eventually bend im goin to buy the g-force cant beat it for the price JMO