PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when the bearings on your carrier are going out?

Honda2000
04-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Today i noticed that there was a little play in my carrier. I can rock my quad and it is a little loose not much but a little. So does tell me that my bearings are going out, or is that just a little normal?what is the best way to get to the carrier to see if the bearings are really going out? Thanks.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-24-2006, 05:04 AM
if its making a noise that means your going to need to change them pretty soon or else your whole back end will get messed up and they will get jammed or something

NacsMXer
04-24-2006, 05:35 AM
Another indicator is if you adjust your chain, then go ride and the chain either keeps coming off or keep going out of adjustment on its own = shot bearings.

atvracer980
04-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Raise your rear tires off the ground- grab both tires and see if you can rock the wheels side-to-side, if you have play in the axle- you bearings are wearing out.

400EXtreme
04-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by atvracer980
Raise your rear tires off the ground- grab both tires and see if you can rock the wheels side-to-side, if you have play in the axle- you bearings are wearing out. do exactly what he said. Dont make the mistake i made make sure you change them if there wearing out.