PDA

View Full Version : List Of Problems!!!

WheelieMan4
04-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Well I went riding today and I found a few problems and need some help...

- My letf headlight (looking at it) burned out on low, or facing down. But when you flip it up on high or whatever, it comes on...

- My engine is making a really really bad ticking/rattling noice, but it's not the valves...What could that be??

- AND...In any gear, when the throttle is past half way, it starts to pop, backfire, and decelerate, like it wants to kill...What could that be??

- ALSO...It feels like I have no power at all, and especially top end...I dont know what is going on??

Thanks to whoever helps me out...

1fst400
04-23-2006, 09:28 PM
blown head gasket?

Capt_ron
04-23-2006, 11:25 PM
as for your headlight there are 2 seprate filaments in a 2 beam bulb so to fix the low beam you would need to change that bulb. or of coarse you can just run high all the time

sixer3
04-23-2006, 11:28 PM
jetting, move the clip on your needle down one more notch from the top, also check for exhaust/intake leaks, make sure all boot to carb, and boot to head are secure, no power at wide open throttle but seems to be running find would mean a rich mainjet so you would want to go down a size or 2, and the popping at mid-throttle would mean a lean needle placement and or an exhaust leak, hope this helps

REF426
04-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Engine noise could be timing chain and guides need replacing. Also check chain adjuster to make sure it's not broken.