PDA

View Full Version : Shock Help

QuadManKev
04-23-2006, 07:45 PM
So I just picked up my LT-R 450 a few weeks ago and have broken it in and everything already, but the shocks are way too stiff for my liking. Im going to use the bike for the track, but I have never messed with shock adjustments due to the fact that I had to options on my other bike.

So long story short, I weigh 120 lbs. and I want to adjust my shocks but I want some recommendations. Should I make the springs as loose as possible or would that be too soft? And what about the other adjustments? I dont know much about this stuff and the owners manual doesn't do me any good.

So any help would be awesome.

AceLtz
04-23-2006, 08:54 PM
I weigh about the same. I took all the preload off the front shocks, put the rebound in the middle, and compression all the way soft. Thier still a little stiff but better than they were before adjusting.

goldrims04
04-23-2006, 10:05 PM
what i did with mine is put them all the way soft all around and rode it a couple of laps like that and just adjusted them 1 turn at a time till it was where i felt it was good ,the back has a slow fast speed setting i had to also play around with that i am not a pro at this but it worked for me hope this helps you