PDA

View Full Version : Boyseen Quickshot???

GIXXER1KR
04-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Would i benefit from the quickshot even though my bike performs really well with the HRC kit.It does pop and stall sometimes!!!

Shawn Hess
04-24-2006, 02:34 PM
For the little that it costs you cant go wrong

krazken
04-24-2006, 02:40 PM
I have heard it both ways...that the quickshot helps...and that it hurts...and that you can fix the bogg with AF screw changes and other jetting changes rather than spending the cash on the boyesen.

quad2xtreme
04-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
Would i benefit from the quickshot even though my bike performs really well with the HRC kit.It does pop and stall sometimes!!!

I studied up on this as I was thinking of heading this route too. It really corrects a bogging problem when you are at low RPM and snap the throttle wide open. I don't have any problems with mine so I decided against it.

Check your settings closely for the HRC kit. All the adjustments are from stock position. Many quads are set wrong from the factory in the first place so you need to readjust the stock settings to those listed page 1-2 in the HRC setup manual. Once you have those set, then you can change them as listed under the competition kit section. If I were you, I would mess with turning the accelerator pump timing screw out 1/2 turn to see if that helps or hurts. If it hurts then go back to where it was and then try 1/2 turn in.

/Jon