PDA

View Full Version : TCS Rear Problem

400exMO
04-23-2006, 07:23 PM
I got my stock rear shock rebuilt with zps dual rate. I also at the same time got front elkas comp. adj. My rear shock doesn't seem to be as smooth as my fronts. I've tried all the adjusting I can and can't get it set anywhere near soft enough. I know it's valved right because I do bottom it about 2 times a lap. Anybody have any input or suggestions, because I'm wondering if I should have purchased a new rear elka as well.

400grl
04-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Have you tried talking to TCS? My rear rebuild is awesome - very smooth......but mine is a rear YFZ rebuild......

400exMO
04-23-2006, 07:31 PM
I got it through C@D

I've thought about calling them but the valving's right and I'm sure the spring rate is to. So I'm not sure what I'd say.

400exMO
04-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Anbody?

redrunner
04-25-2006, 06:16 AM
I will be sending mine back, talk to Colby. I think mine needs to be tweaked a little also seems to "buck" alot still.

Colby@C&DRacing
04-25-2006, 08:30 AM
Sounds like we need to adjust the valving in the rear shocks each person in different and sometimes changes need to be made.

redrunner
04-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Yep from what I have been enlightened to is just that..a tweek here and there...
Colby after my Silver Lake ride I will prolly get this back to you..

400exMO
04-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Well it's weird because I can bottom the shock fairly easily but it doesn't feel very smooth!

Colby@C&DRacing
04-25-2006, 11:24 AM
what do you have your ride height set at?
where is your compression set ? rebound?

400exMO
04-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Ride height is set nearly as low as it can go. Not sure on comp/rebound. I'm going to play around with it alot more before I do anything else.

redrunner
04-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Not to steal this thread but as a good note these things worked so well this weekend I would have to say that the crap I hit 4 th pinned I would be dead on stock suspension. I have been playing with the fronts to be as soft as possible in the trails and still be responsive in the lead in of turns and just about got it. I am convinced that I would have been thrown into the trees with out this set up, best money I spent.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/redrunner/redsroost.jpg

Colby@C&DRacing
04-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by 400exMO
Ride height is set nearly as low as it can go. Not sure on comp/rebound. I'm going to play around with it alot more before I do anything else.

If you have the bike sitting to low there will not be enough preload on the spring and the shock can not do its job you will need to set the ride height properly and adjust the comp and rebound accordingly. Every shock need to be dialed in when the customer receives it. WE can only give you base line settings

400exMO
04-25-2006, 01:47 PM
that makes sence, but I tried to raise the ride height acouple days ago and the preload springs wouldn't budge. Do you have a tip to remove them? Also which way do they go?

redrunner
04-25-2006, 01:55 PM
On the front the Elkas have a small set screw in the ring that needs to be loosened first then turn them clockwise/from the top looking down to raise them.
The rear has a lockring that needs to be losened first then the second ring turned clockwise.
Do the height adjustment with you and gear sitting on quad.

400exMO
04-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by redrunner
On the front the Elkas have a small set screw in the ring that needs to be loosened first then turn them clockwise/from the top looking down to raise them.
The rear has a lockring that needs to be losened first then the second ring turned clockwise.
Do the height adjustment with you and gear sitting on quad.
I don't need help with the elkas. The rear won't budge. I'm wondering a tip to get them to budge.