PDA

View Full Version : Need a good local shop in NJ - help

johnsls
04-23-2006, 06:53 PM
I know of a shop called Johns Cycle Repair & Parts their located in Whitehouse, NJ

Does anyone recommend anyplace else?

The top of my engine is all apart. Got a new sleeve in the cylinder, bought JE 426 piston and rings, stage II cam, new cam chain, new drive chain, new plastics.

The cylinder head bolts are messed up, one is broken and I need the end removed from cylinder head.
I'm getting the sprocket cover, part #2 & #3 below. I'm also supposed to get some kind of bladder but I dont see that.

This is kinda a 2 part question but any help would be appreciated.

johnsls
04-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Hears the pic

MoToX199
04-23-2006, 07:10 PM
rrp racing in hacketstown there really good with motors,also hell bound raicng,and east coast atv are all great and will help you out

johnsls
04-23-2006, 07:14 PM
EDIT WAY TOO FAR AWAY

where are they? Hellbound & East Coast ATV

I'll try google.

MoToX199
04-23-2006, 07:17 PM
i know east coast has a website its www.eastcoastatv.com,as for hell bound idk where its at i can call my friend tomorrow and find out all the info for you(he is sponsored by them) i know there not far away from hillsborough

MoToX199
04-23-2006, 07:18 PM
sry the link didnt work here it is: www.eastcoastatv.com

johnsls
04-23-2006, 07:19 PM
trick400ex,, I'm in Bridgewater, they are both too far from me.

MoToX199
04-23-2006, 07:21 PM
sorry,but i def know you cant beat east coast atv there one of the best builders out there,but i hope it works out for you

04-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by johnsls
I know of a shop called Johns Cycle Repair & Parts their located in Whitehouse, NJ

Does anyone recommend anyplace else?

The top of my engine is all apart. Got a new sleeve in the cylinder, bought JE 426 piston and rings, stage II cam, new cam chain, new drive chain, new plastics.

The cylinder head bolts are messed up, one is broken and I need the end removed from cylinder head.
I'm getting the sprocket cover, part #2 & #3 below. I'm also supposed to get some kind of bladder but I dont see that.

This is kinda a 2 part question but any help would be appreciated.

im not too far from there.
my dad had some of his stuff done there (not sure what)
but my dad likes cheap and good jobs and he said he liked the place...

so i guess it was cheap :p
and good :devil:

cutierider1
04-23-2006, 10:25 PM
JRD racing in glassboro. They do some nice work, good people too.

johnsls
04-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Thanks everyone, I'll try Johns Cycle and then East Coast, I think EC is about an hour from me. John's is only 10 minutes.

Just looking for options

Doesn't anyone on here know how to do installs ??
I'd be willing to pay a little cuz I kinda want to learn about this instead of just dropping it off at a shop.

:rolleyes:

redracing88
04-24-2006, 08:55 AM
im in pa and east coast atv is far away from me im right on nj line to but for you rrp not hatting or nothing but ( ihavent had good luch with them) i actully dont go near there anymore they over charge and if they break something they make you pay for it. srry to say good guys and all but my experience not so good.

o3thirdeyeo3
04-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Rossini's (RRP) is actually not in Hackettstown its in Broadway, and they are very good with parts (have alot in stock), but I would not go there for service. And there is Cycle Pro Racing in Great Meadows and they are VERY good at engine work. I personally know the main guy who works there and he knows more than the owner. I go there for everything. My 250r is there right now actually. In Hackettstown there is tri-state cycle and I have no experience with them. Motorcyclewhse in Belvidere, dont even look at that place, they have NO idea what theyre doing. And HellBound is very good too. Located in East Stroudsburg (right out of jersey) Mike O, the owner was the quad guy at RRP a few years back and now he is doing his own Quad-Oriented business. Ive known Mike O for a while and he knows what he is doing, especially with ATV's.

JR3
04-24-2006, 09:59 AM
my sponsor moto-x-support is located in forked river new jersey they do top notch work to both bikes and quads . if you go tell them jr sent you but if you need any more info about them pm me.

johnsls
04-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Hey JR, thanks for the info. I just called and spoke to Mike.

Either way I'm screwed,, its gonna be about $300 - $350 to get my bike back together. Ouchh!!

I really gotta think about this.

STEVENJANNA
04-24-2006, 03:36 PM
John, I just Emailed you. John's cycle is good but, don't be in a hurry.