PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a build-up. + parts for sale

kyleschonert
04-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Well, I got back from Joe Byrd's quad riding school this last weekend (4/15-4/16) and he gave us a crap load of discounts from some of his sponsors and we took advantage of it. So i guess you could call this a rebuild. So i will have quite a few parts for sale, stock, and a few aftermarket. I will post pics. of the bike as of right now, and some of the new parts coming in whenever they get here. and if you want any of the parts for sale, let me know and i will get some pictures of those also.

First. New brake pads, front and rear, extended brake lines, front and rear, brake line clamps for the a-arms, and new front rotors. All from Streamline. The clamps and lines are blue btw.

2nd. New Pro MX front bumper for 400EX/450R from Pro Armor. New Pro Armor Kill Switch. New Number Plate for the Bumper.

3rd. UNI Airfilter. And a New Outerwears Cover

4th. New ASV C/5 Pro Series Anodized Blue Clutch lever and perch.

5th. New RAD Axle Bearings and Caliper holder. (Again, not a sponsor of Byrd, these just needed replaced)

6th. New Ski-Doo Yellow Powermadd Handguards

7th. New Kenda Klaw front tires. Havent decided what rims yet though.

8th. New RAD Rear Brake Rotor.

Thats all I can think of for right now.

Alrighty then, now the fun stuff. The parts for sale that I have are.

-Magnum Easy Pull Clutch Perch. (still on quad, havent ordered other levers yet)
-Stock front and rear brake lines, and front rotors. And Rear rotor.
-Stock rear caliper holder.
-Pro Design Kill switch. color- black. The wires were cut shorter than normal lenght, and it does not have the back piece where it mounts b/c it was stripped when i bought it, but they would not replace it. But zipties will hold it together. Thats what you have to do with fatbars anyway.

-DG V-Pro Front Bumper. A little tweaked, but im sure it can be fixed easily, but i dont have the time to mess with it.
-And a ton of stock parts. Let me know what you are looking for and I may have it.

Thanks for reading this guys, I should have pics. of the quad, and of new parts coming in a couple of days. The reason I am doing this is b/c we sent my axle back to Lonestart to be re-chromed and have a new sprocket hub put on it and they are backed up and it will be a while before we get it back. And i have a race the 20th and i hope i dont miss it. BUt these new parts will be worth it.

Later, Kyle.

SidewaysSam
04-24-2006, 03:38 PM
good lord, kyle, why dont you just buy another quad to put ur parts on and have a back-up machine at the races?

300ex_#387
04-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Or just bring all your parts that way...WHEN...not if...but when mine breaks atleast we have an extra part lol...Sounds like it is going to look pretty good. How much exactly did you get discounted?

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 03:55 PM
its a different % for each company pretty much. I think it was 50% or so on Streamline, and 50% on Pro Armor. So its a pretty good deal.

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:41 PM
these are the parts that i have that i am taking off of the quad. If you would like to see pictures of these other parts that i am about to list, please ask. I will post them also. I would not like to take the time right now though. Ok, here are the other parts i have that i am not posting a picture of until someone asks:

Stock 250R front shocks
Stock clutch perch assembly
reverse cable
parking break cable and assembly
swingarm skid plate
one front rotor protector
one stock tierod
stock bumper and grab bar
tail light
stock handle bars
stock handle bar plastic
stock bearing carrier
stock exhaust
reverse lever. where it mounts by your foot. just the lever with the orange handle.
stock piston and rings.
stock rev box
stock heal guards
sprocket hub off of my lonestar axle.

here is a picture of the Magnum Easy pull clutch lever

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:42 PM
bearing carrier

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:42 PM
pro design kill switch

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:44 PM
DG bumper

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:44 PM
rear brake line. The front lines are still on the quad, but will take them off soon.

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:45 PM
front rotors and rear caliper holder.

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:45 PM
now for the fun stuff. New bearings.

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:46 PM
new caliper holder. billet baby

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:47 PM
birthday boy.

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:47 PM
the quad as she sits

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:48 PM
again

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:49 PM
i hate workin in the trailor. its so cramped

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:50 PM
its a laeger swingarm. but we met a guy that worked at Jannsen at Joe's school, and these stickers look better. lol.

kyleschonert
04-24-2006, 05:51 PM
these are all the pics. of what i have right now. If you want pics. of those other parts i listed let me know. I will be glad to load them.

SET THE STAGE
04-27-2006, 10:53 PM
the 300 is looking really really good.

just a suggestion but i think a Feather scooped hood would look really good on it!
http://i3.tinypic.com/wlp16d.jpg

they're only 90 bucks and have a full life-time warranty on them as long as you keep the feather sticker on it.

http://www.feathercarbon.com/

kyleschonert
04-28-2006, 07:51 AM
I was plannin on doin a 250R hood instead. But i like the look of mine right now and am debating changing it at all.

kyleschonert
05-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Got the bearing carrier back today and got it in. Along with the caliper holder. We orderd an ASV lever instead of the factory 909's and it should be in tom. Still dont know where the streamline stuff is, and Pro Armor stuff should hopefully be in soon. But o'well, I've got nothing but time.

kyleschonert
05-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Got the bearing carrier back today and got it in. Along with the caliper holder. We orderd an ASV lever instead of the factory 909's and it should be in tom. Still dont know where the streamline stuff is, and Pro Armor stuff should hopefully be in soon. But o'well, I've got nothing but time.

hardkoratvmxr
05-02-2006, 08:31 PM
ASV is the only way to go. are you going to be there on the 20th

kyleschonert
05-02-2006, 08:32 PM
I hope so. If Lonestar gets the axle back to me in time then I will be there. So I hope so.

hardkoratvmxr
05-02-2006, 08:42 PM
what happened to your axle

kyleschonert
05-02-2006, 08:45 PM
nothin. But we bought it used and it was all rusted and nasty so we sent it back to them to get it re-chromed and to see if it was totally true. And the sprocket hub was torn to hell and their gonna throw another one on there. So it should make the rear end look alot better. Im just ready to freakin ride again though. Im going insane.

kyleschonert
05-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Well Charlie, I will be at the 20th for sure. Lonestar sent the axle back today b/c there was a mixup and they threw it on the straightening machine and didnt rechrome it. Just a little mistake, so we are just gonna throw it on and wait a couple of more weeks and send it back again. No biggie, nobody's perfect. The sprocket hub for it should be in sometime tom. and then i will put that on there. The Streamline stuff shipped out today, powermadd is on the way, pro armor stuff will be shipped tom. And thats all that is coming as of right now. Tires also, still waiting on them, and what rims we are going to get. My ASV lever showed up today, and the RAD rear brake rotor. They are niiiice. I will also get some pics. up tonight of what all i have put on it.

kyleschonert
05-04-2006, 04:40 PM
brake rotor

hardkoratvmxr
05-04-2006, 05:50 PM
very nice kyle. i now know if i get a good start i still wont be able to keep up with you lol. see ya on the 20th. and hey if you get on msn im me i need to ask you a question

300ex_#387
05-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey Kyle looking good. It's not looking like im going to be there on the 20th. I think both of my parents have to work, and I took the shock covers off my shocks and one of them is leaking oil pretty bad. I found a set of peps I think im going to get though, but I dought they will be here by then.

zeppelin
05-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
I was plannin on doin a 250R hood instead. But i like the look of mine right now and am debating changing it at all.
noooooo!!! you have one of the nicest looking 300 ive ever seen (asidefrom that mispaled protaper sticker over the gas tank) dont ruin it buy putting a hood from another quad on it, or anny hood for that matter, they are all fugly.

kyleschonert
05-04-2006, 06:33 PM
lol, i highly doubt i will put a hood on there. And they only sent me one protaper sticker, and i just threw it on there. lol. Its comin off though, infact, its off right now. Im in their workin on it right now, but how the heck do i get the cable into the lever? There is not enough free play in the cable. I didnt have this problem with my other pertch. Any suggestions??

300ex_#387
05-04-2006, 06:43 PM
You might have to go down to where you cable has the adjuster on it down by where it mounts to the motor and mess with that untill you have enough slack.

hardkoratvmxr
05-04-2006, 06:54 PM
no keep spinning the adjuster until it comes off and you will be able to tell from there

kyleschonert
05-04-2006, 08:57 PM
finally got it on. gonna get some pics. up later. didnt get a whole lot done b/c we had to move it out of the trailor b/c my dad is going to get my sister at college tom. and has to use it. so i was limited on time.

kyleschonert
05-04-2006, 09:16 PM
No pictures tonight. Im to freakin worn out from max outs this week. Im gonna hit the sack. I wont get to work on this for a while either with prom this weekend. But I wont have my stuff anyway. But i will try and upload pics. before the weekend and will keep ya'll posted. Thanks, later.

WhtPrd09
05-07-2006, 11:45 AM
hey dude you know if that bumper will fit the 05 400ex? And if it will how much you want for it???

kyleschonert
05-07-2006, 02:25 PM
im sorry, i have no idea. You may want to ask someone else, im sure it can with a little modification.

JRP
05-11-2006, 05:28 PM
dude thats a baddass 300ex. Way better then my old 300ex.:blah:

kyleschonert
05-15-2006, 02:34 PM
here is how she sits as of right now. Need the sprocket hub pressed on, axle inserted, front brake lines connected and bled, rear brake line bled, new bumper needs to come in!!! and we need to remove a stripped out bolt where my bumper mounts. Rear shock needs to be remounted. Umm, thats all i can think of right now. New grips to. My dad got some when they were in florida. I hope shes ready to go this weekend, i think it will be. But i wont, i will be sooo out of shape it wont even be funny.

kyleschonert
05-15-2006, 02:35 PM
again.

hardkoratvmxr
05-15-2006, 07:52 PM
well damn kyle the comp keeps getting harder for me. if i can get with you on the first lap you better watch out lol. i have heard i am good once i keep on all 4s

SidewaysSam
05-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Charlie...prove it next race id like to see you finish a race lol.. just playin bud. quad looks good kyle did stremme tell you about the new track over at Bone Gap? not too far from home

kyleschonert
05-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Stremme hasnt told me, but brent bolden has told me all about it numerous times. lol. I will prob. make a trip up there next week sometime since we are out of school. (thank the good Lord!!). Got the axle hub pressed on tonight, and got the axle in the carrier, rotor on, rear line bled, but havent tightened down the axle nut yet. My dad doesnt think that it looks right, but i think it does. What should be holding the brake hub in place? When you tigthen down the lock nut, should it hold the brake hub in place?? Its been so long since i have had it apart i forget. He also thinks that the hub may have been pressed on to far, but i think he doesnt know what he is talkin about. Let me know what ya'll think. I'll get some pics. up some time tom. I cant wait to get those front lines bled and take this beast for a spin! im so freakin ready to ride. You gonna be there on the 20th sexy sam? I may just have to run b and show you what the hell's up. lol. just playin bro.

kyleschonert
05-15-2006, 08:59 PM
heres the pic. of the lever. I got some more pics. of the grips on to, but havent put them on the computer yet. enjoy.

Kilabanshee
05-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah I haven't used any of my sponsor papers yet.... I plan on getting those hardkor hubs, a new break rotor, kenda klaw tires all around, and eventually a set of hipers. I broke my axle carrier on Saturday riding I should have a new one probably tomarrow or Wednesday. Have you been practicing all the stuff from the school? I'm practicing using the front breaks. I'm getting really good at using the breaks while in the air to level the quad out. Good luck with your rebuild!

kyleschonert
05-16-2006, 07:54 AM
ive used quite a bit of my sponsor papers.lol. We went crazy with them once we got back. I havent gotten a chance at all to ride, like 3 days after we got back, we started tearin it down.

WhtPrd09
05-16-2006, 01:38 PM
that is a pretty a*s bike!!!

300ex_#387
05-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah I'm curious to see what that track is going to look like. Kyle if you go look at it sometime soon get some pics I want to see it. There opening day is June 10th I think. Sam you interested in going? Kyle if you get this thing together soon you should come to casey with us this week I think were going either Thursday or Friday depending on the weather. I'll see how my 4 wheeler holds up there and decide if im going to race this weekend or not...gas is pretty expensive for just that race we will see....Its looking good kyle...Ohh and Kyle the locknut is what holds the brake hub in place....

kyleschonert
05-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Someone that I go to church with knows the person that built the track, so maybe i will get to go sooner. lol. I got that locknut on, dad just had me confused. And im still in school this week. lol. Next week would be good for me to go though. I think i am going to e-vill tues. and we have one more day of school mon. and i work wed. lol. but thursday would work out good for me. Lmk. We need to get sam to go to. Hopefully i'll see you there.

300ex_#387
05-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Sam is going with me on thursday or friday of this week. If it keeps raining we will go friday but if it stops we will go thursday right after they prep the track. So you got school that day? Maybe you can come with us another time....Its a fun track real fast jumps, and some technical stuff....

kyleschonert
05-16-2006, 07:02 PM
thanks for the compliments on it guys. I have worked very hard to get this thing to wear it is and it feels good to hear those things. The rear end is done!!!!! tires and everything. I will post pics. later tonight. All we have to do is mount the front brake assembly, bleed the lines, throw the front tires on and we are ready to rock and roll. Hopefully the weather holds off also and i will be able to race this weekend. I cant wait.

kyleschonert
05-16-2006, 07:23 PM
UNI filter.

kyleschonert
05-16-2006, 07:24 PM
front

kyleschonert
05-16-2006, 07:25 PM
I need another Red Bull can. They give you wings. hopefully that statement is true.:macho

kyleschonert
05-16-2006, 07:25 PM
back end. Hey zepllin, notice that there is no protaper sticker. lol.

kyleschonert
05-16-2006, 07:26 PM
last one.

SidewaysSam
05-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Krazy Kyle.. i dont think you should race. That thing is too pretty to take on our dirty little tracks around here. You should just take it to car shows and stuff to keep it clean..haha yeah right i cant wait to roost all your pretty new add-ons j/p hope to see you this weekend

kyleschonert
05-18-2006, 02:56 PM
ha. You just wait sam. once i get back into shape and get to practice. Its gonna be a whole diff. story. lol. But you'll prolly still beat me, just not smoke me. lol. Well, the pro armor kill switch came and the number plate, but they didnt ship out the bumper until 2 or so days ago:confused: . So i just threw the stock one on for a while. I hate the look of that DG. Anybody want it, it is for sale!!!! All i have to do tonight is bleed the brakes, and it is ready to go. I will be at the race on saturday b/c the weather is lookin good. I have to go mow, but with Kelc havin open gym for b-ball tonight, i will have more than enough time to get everything done and take her for a little spin tom. I cant freakin wait though. I'll get some pics. up of it tonight. Later everyone. And sam and josh and charlie, i will see you ladies saturday night.

kyleschonert
05-18-2006, 08:33 PM
well boys and girls. its finally finished. Except the front bumper.

kyleschonert
05-18-2006, 08:35 PM
anotha. That bumper looks way better than the DG. That thing was so bulky.

kyleschonert
05-18-2006, 08:35 PM
last one. Cant wait to race this bad boy. BUt my body can, im so outa shape its not even funny

kyleschonert
05-27-2006, 10:50 PM
heres a few action shots from the latest race. only 3 good ones, my dad uses a 35mm camera and at night they dont take pictures for crap b/c the shutter stays open for to long, but he'll figure it out sooner or later. Well guys, i need some help atcually, i scanned pictures at kelci's house and ive never used scanned pictures before and it wont work. Do I need to use image shack or w/e? if so. will ya'll let me know what to do? thanks, kyle.

hardkoratvmxr
05-28-2006, 08:22 AM
upload those pics you scanned in to imagestation and you will be good

spartacus
05-28-2006, 12:17 PM
are those red bull cans on your shock rezis? ive never seen anything like that before, great touch tho. nice quad

kyleschonert
05-28-2006, 12:19 PM
yep. The stickers were all nasty on the elka rezzies, so i cut the can in half and zip tied it on there. lol. I may but some rockstar cans on their cause it would look a little better with my color scheme. that and its unique. some people dont like it, but hey, nobody has a gun to their head making them do it.

kyleschonert
05-28-2006, 12:27 PM
i hope this works. http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2105911020

kyleschonert
05-28-2006, 12:29 PM
well it works, but im still logged in. Dont anybody mess with anything please, even though those are my only pictures. How do I make it to where I am logged out?

300ex_#387
05-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Ha ha. I had to give Sam credit too for beating those two 250f's with that STOCK 300 engine....good pics kyle...

nitroracer1990
05-29-2006, 06:27 PM
How do the 250f motors fit in the 300ex frame?

kyleschonert
05-29-2006, 06:54 PM
they are in 400EX frames. One is a lonestart frame, the other a stock 400 frame.

416exmx
05-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Ha ha. I had to give Sam credit too for beating those two 250f's with that STOCK 300 engine....good pics kyle...

LOL, thats what I heard and couldnt help but laugh. Someone said Justin lost the rear brakes on the 450r also. As soon as we wrap up planting beans, I'll have to get to a few races.

300ex_#387
05-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
LOL, thats what I heard and couldnt help but laugh. Someone said Justin lost the rear brakes on the 450r also. As soon as we wrap up planting beans, I'll have to get to a few races.

Yeah hey cody how about I give you my 300 and you build me a 250f lol. Idk if you knew kyle but cody is the one that built westalls 250f. Idk if Justin lost his brakes, but I do know Jordan did. Sam told me that Jordan said he lost them on the first turn and still managed to win...he lapped westall in the money.

kyleschonert
05-30-2006, 04:19 PM
yea, i knew cody built justins. Justin lost his breaks at the first race, i dont think he did at this one. And Jordan pretzled his rear rotor, it was hilarious, he still smoked everyone. lol. Here are the final pics. of the quad.

kyleschonert
05-30-2006, 04:20 PM
last one. Next to come will be front klaws, and maybe rims. And hopfully a cam and carb :)