PDA

View Full Version : nerf bar questions

Knarf0486
04-23-2006, 05:02 PM
I just got my set of nerfs the other day and I ordered the ac "race" pro pegs, not the ones with the heelguards built in but the ones but with the replaceable footpegs.
So I pull em outa the box and I look at the receipt and it says they sent me the ones with the relocated footpegs. However I thought the ones I ordered utilized the stock location. So I call the guy up and hes like those are the same ones as the ones you ordered we only sell the ones that relocate your peg. But when you look at the website it shows them in separate links and the ones that relocate your pegs will only fit the 04-05 not the 06 and I have an 06. But he insisted that they sent me the right ones and everything should fit right.
So I'm like ok and try and fit em on there and they dont seem to fit right. I really had to bend em to get em clear the frame in the front and really torque on em to get em on there. O ya and not to meantion they didnt send me all the hardware I need so the guy has to call me back on Monday.

My question for the guys who got the same nerfs on their 06's is did they relocate your pegs and did you have such a hard time getting em to clear the frame up front?

400excracer
04-23-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure about your 04-05 to 06 question but the fact that you had problems mounting them up is pretty typical for AC nerfs whether they are the right ones or not. Good Luck

Knarf0486
04-23-2006, 08:27 PM
ya thats what the guy told me too, but i was putting some serious force on em

04-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Knarf0486
ya thats what the guy told me too, but i was putting some serious force on em yah thats why i bought a used set. they were pre-bent to fit and only $100 shipped :D arent they like $280 new? i got the same ones as you. no heel guards but replaces footpegs

Knarf0486
04-23-2006, 09:00 PM
I paid 200, but ya they are damn expensive. Seems like I just gotta bend em a little bit to get em to fit. They did forget to send me the hardware with the damn things though. They left out the spacers to mount them on the front bracket, and I didnt get the bolts to hold the footpegs in.

313racing
04-23-2006, 09:15 PM
my AC nerfs are still a pain in the a-s-sssss a royal pain but they are holding up still
but i had to drill out the front mounts some and its still a majorly tight fit but good-luck cuz i had nothing but probs with my 06 nerfs

04-23-2006, 09:18 PM
and I didnt get the bolts to hold the footpegs in. i just used the stock bolts on those

Knarf0486
04-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i just used the stock bolts on those

I wasnt talking about the 8mm allen bolts that hold the footpeg mounts, I was talking about the ones that hold on the replaceable part that I believe come in a hardware package. At least thats what the guy who I talked to said should have came with it.

Knarf0486
04-24-2006, 06:23 PM
so I call back the company today because I figured it was a saturday maybe the guy I got just didnt want to be bothered. I'm like hey man things really aren't fitting and I didnt get any hardware along with my package. So this guy was a dick just like the other guy I got and was like I cant do anything for you those are the right ones blah, blah ,blah and with ac nerfs your gonna need to bend them to get em to fit. I was like man I had ac nerfs before and they fit fine no problems. He was like well call ac then, and gives me their number.
So i get on the phone with them and as soon as i tell the guy my story hes like o ya we had a problem with one of our jigs so a bunch of them went out and they arent going to fit right. The guy was a real nice guy and really want to help me out. so he's like lay them face to face if one's crooked then you got a a bogus set and sure enough I did. He was like send em back and I'll get a new set out to you asap along with a hadware package this time. I was real happy with the way the guy treated me.
All in all I'd like to thank John from AC Racing for helping me out.

450rJam
04-24-2006, 06:33 PM
who was the dick ? and what company did he work for ?
I would like to avoid people/companys like that.

Knarf0486
04-24-2006, 06:48 PM
The two guys I talked to at magic racing. Really didn't seem like they wanted to be bothered with my problems.

400excracer
04-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Next time around, try Pro Armor nerfs. I just bolted mine on without any problems at all. Easiest time I have ever had putting on nerfs.

Smidgy
04-25-2006, 08:52 AM
thanks for the thread I will know to stick away from these f'in rackets,

Quadster450
04-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by 400excracer
Next time around, try Pro Armor nerfs. I just bolted mine on without any problems at all. Easiest time I have ever had putting on nerfs.

that's good to know. I like the pro armor stuff so i think i'll go with those...

knarf - man that sucks. nothing pisses me off more than customer service that treats you like sh**t!! i got the same treatment from some shop in so. cal. good to hear it worked out

Knarf0486
04-25-2006, 09:12 AM
the thing that sucks is that I'm going down to a pactice this weekend and I'm not going to have em for then but practice without nerfs is better than no practice, especially since ive never raced before and i have my first one in two weeks.

04-25-2006, 10:05 AM
the problem is, some of these companies get too big.
then, they are forced to hire people (who don't know much about quads/bikes etc.) for answering phones and taking orders. so, you end up trying to troubleshoot problems on your quad with a person who doesn't know jack squat.

might as well go outside with your wife/girlfriend and see if she can help you figure it out. because, it's essentially the same thing.

QuadJunkies
04-25-2006, 10:08 AM
The two guys I talked to at magic racing. Really didn't seem like they wanted to be bothered with my problems.

We had a bad experience with them also, you should make sure and tell Mike at AC that -we did.. Took us 5 weeks to get our minis replaced.:rolleyes: Mike is real nice to deal with. They even send a Call tag out, I wasnt about to pay shipping TWICE!

04-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by force

might as well go outside with your wife/girlfriend and see if she can help you figure it out. because, it's essentially the same thing. rofl all mine does is beotch the whole time and tell me i waste my money and sh1t

Knarf0486
04-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Mine left me because she thought I was too obsessed and I didnt spend enough time and money on her. 3 Years man, and she couldnt take it anymoe .haha
Theres plenty of other girls out there