PDA

View Full Version : Will kids ever learn?

4oorider
04-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Well, today I was leaving my neighborhood and I see my neighbor from down the street driving his three wheeler in the field. He is in 8th grade He also had another kid on the back. I see that neither are wearing their helmets. I mean, last summer, his brother who is in 11th grade, had a bad wreck on the three wheeler. He rolled it topped out. The three wheeler crushed him and the helmet was turned backwards on his head. The kid busted his jaw, missing some teeth, broke some ribs, big gashes on his head and face. He had all the proper saftey gear. And to think, wouldn't you wear a helmet if your brother almost died driving the three wheeler or atleast make the passenger wear a helmet? Jeesh Will kids ever learn?

04-23-2006, 01:09 PM
When their parents train them properly and watch what they are doing.

My dad never let me ride without a helmet he even made sure it was tight enough.I've ridden since I was 5 now i am 26 no serious crashes no broken bones and I think it's all due to my dad teaching me safety.

JIMTED79
04-23-2006, 01:09 PM
I here ya, where the hell are the parents?

04-23-2006, 01:14 PM
When i had my dirtbike i did up my helmet, now when i got the quad i never have it done up, im starting to do it up now.

4oorider
04-23-2006, 01:17 PM
The parents don't care about anything, the kids have always been trouble, and the parents just dont do anything about it. Sad to say, but its the truth.

TheFontMaster
04-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Let natural selection take it's course:p haha.

JIMTED79
04-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Sounds like the kinda of people that go out dont do anything to protect them selfs ride like idiots wreck bad then give the sport a bad name.

insaneracin2003
04-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Let natural selection take it's course:p haha.
lol...population control...:macho

04-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by JIMTED79
Sounds like the kinda of people that go out dont do anything to protect them selfs ride like idiots wreck bad then give the sport a bad name.

Yeah the one that ruins it for everyone else.

DieselBoy
04-23-2006, 02:00 PM
LMFAO@POPULATION CONTROL

ny300exrider
04-23-2006, 02:13 PM
i feel naked getting onto a quad without a helmet. even if its putting around in first gear

wckedclownz69
04-23-2006, 03:46 PM
i wear a helmet if im going riding anywhere else but my yard... all i do is put around and nothing i can get hurt on... but i wear my riding boots... lol idno im weird but feel naked without my boots...

PolarisRider
04-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
i feel naked getting onto a quad without a helmet. even if its putting around in first gear

yeah, i know what you mean

DVXchic
04-23-2006, 04:40 PM
must be somethin about morons on 3 wheelers, Clutt225 and I went riding last week at a local pit and there was this dumbas on a hammer of a 3wheeler with no helmet on, clutt and I were waiting for a good crash cause the thing had no suspension and he was hitting everything full speed, it was quite entertaining seeing him bounce all over, it sounds bad but maybe a good wipeout would knock some sense into people.

04-23-2006, 05:01 PM
if you don't want to wear a helemt, you shouldn't have too

Honda TRX250ex
04-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Kids will learn when they fall and get seriously hurt themselves.

04-23-2006, 05:09 PM
i should start buckling my helmet up prob

trick250r
04-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by JIMTED79

ya, my mom works in the surgery dpt. in the hospital. she always tells me about people coming in from quad/dirtbike wrecks, about them getting killed or seriously hurt. the first thing i ask is "did they have a helmet on?" the most common answer i get is no. the number two answer is b/c they were drunk. i started to ride at age 8. i dont care what i was doing or where i was going, my 'rents made sure that my lid was on me. thanks to that, ive never had any serious injuries... watch, ill probably do endos over a jump next week. :p

Aceman
04-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by the gangsta

That sort of goes along with seat belt laws. But when they go to the hospital without health insurance, I'm sure I end up flipping part of the bill anyhow.:rolleyes: Kids really should wear helmets, but sometimes they don't know better because they were never taught to.

BlasterEaten250
04-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Kind of like the saying, "If you are not smart enough to wear a helmet, there isn't much to protect anyways"

jordan_m6
04-23-2006, 06:22 PM
sounds to me like they have some crappy parents.

DieselBoy
04-23-2006, 06:32 PM
i've got a very nice helmet, and I really would rather wipe out with one on than risk without. I feel much safer wearing one. There's nothing cool about riding with no safety gear -- it's far too easy to get hurt fatally on a quad/dirtbike....

wckedclownz69
04-23-2006, 06:35 PM
ehh my dad wouldve died if he didnt have a helmet.. thank god hes smart for putting one on...shaved half the helmet off on concrete :eek2:

BlasterEaten250
04-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by wckedclownz69
ehh my dad wouldve died if he didnt have a helmet.. thank god hes smart for putting one on...shaved half the helmet off on concrete :eek2: same with my dad.

wckedclownz69
04-23-2006, 07:16 PM
thts the main reason i wear mine...i dont want tht too happen.. to tell ya the truth.. im scared without a helmet :ermm:

04-23-2006, 07:38 PM
i think a nice well matched MX helmet look cool anyways

DieselBoy
04-23-2006, 07:57 PM
you know those open face helmets they sell and some people wear? i think those are rediculous. 3/4 of your face remains unprotected and they can fly off easily, i never understood those. Also, those little salad bowl harley helmets, can you imagine wiping out on a harley? that would KILL!

TacomaNC4X4
04-23-2006, 08:15 PM
i learned the hard way after 2 fake teeth so i cant say much

miller821
04-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i should start buckling my helmet up prob
Ya I noticed you were just lifting your helmet up and not unstrapping it... But its not just kids who do it, its everyone who doesn't have respect for it.. I know my limits and what not to do, unlike Mike who just rips up this hill as fast as he can:p That crazy mofo.

04-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Ya I noticed you were just lifting your helmet up and not unstrapping it... But its not just kids who do it, its everyone who doesn't have respect for it.. I know my limits and what not to do, unlike Mike who just rips up this hill as fast as he can:p That crazy mofo. if you make the goggle REALLY tight it helps hold the helmet down on your head. u liked that hill **** didnt you. you shoulda seen my face when i started to spin near the top :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: it was like buddies when he was going straight up that berm and we were on top laughing at him. ROFL

fast_enough
04-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by the gangsta

Or spell, right? I know you probably don't care since your a big "gangsta" and all, but when someone don't wear there helmet it reflects on everyone else. Same way Aceman said it.

miller821
04-23-2006, 08:32 PM
if you make the goggle REALLY tight it helps hold the helmet down on your head. u liked that hill **** didnt you. you shoulda seen my face when i started to spin near the top :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: it was like buddies when he was going straight up that berm and we were on top laughing at him. ROFL
Lol ya is eyes were glaring, but you shoulda seen mine the day before when I tried that hill and just backed into the tree.

04-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Lol ya is eyes were glaring, but you shoulda seen mine the day before when I tried that hill and just backed into the tree. i wish i woulda seen that. what are you doing tuesday after school? thats the last day i can ride for awhile

miller821
04-23-2006, 08:36 PM
i wish i woulda seen that. what are you doing tuesday after school? thats the last day i can ride for awhile
Why's that the last day? I dunno, its raining like crazy outside but i'll go riding if you want to.

04-23-2006, 08:39 PM
its the least day because im behind in my flight course because of inclement weather and I have to go to Nashville this coming weekend. it will just be a little muddy. I may go out there with one of my friends here at school with a 450 tuesday. just dont know where to park our vehicles

miller821
04-23-2006, 08:43 PM
its the least day because im behind in my flight course because of inclement weather and I have to go to Nashville this coming weekend. it will just be a little muddy. I may go out there with one of my friends here at school with a 450 tuesday. just dont know where to park our vehicles
You can park your vehicles at my house if you want to.. I'll be outta school at 2:46, so call me at like 3, and i'll more than likely go, but if I don't you guys can still park out my place... Instead of taking the roads anymore were just going to make a path straight out of my driveway through those woods across the street, cause it'll take us right there.
Edit: PM me if you have anymore questions cause I don't wanna steal this thread.

04-23-2006, 08:46 PM
alright. i just dont want ur parents to get mad that theres a van and a truck in their driveway u know what im saying. PM me back on this one http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc5.jpg

300EXrider356
04-23-2006, 10:44 PM
I know what you mean, i just got back from snake hunt down in little sahara, and the ambulance buggy went out like every hour and a half. Most of the people didnt wear helmets, i saw this dude riding around in flip flops!

rbgnwa45
04-24-2006, 07:12 AM
When I had my bike, if I was caught without a helmet my parents would take the key for a week. I've tried to ride home drunk on a 3-wheeler at night with a friend before, but I was going in 2nd gear for about a mile with safety gear (never again tho). You've got to know your limits. Other people can be hurt from your negligence. A lot of people here duct tape flashlights to their dirtbikes for night riding :huh There's something wrong with that....

1fst400
04-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
. A lot of people here duct tape flashlights to their dirtbikes for night riding :huh There's something wrong with that....

ya, zip ties work way better!

NorCalRacer
04-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
A lot of people here duct tape flashlights to their dirtbikes for night riding :huh There's something wrong with that....

Been there... It works. Eventually, I learned the rails enough I didn't even need the flashlight. A helmet saved my life before though and you'll never catch me without one:p