PDA

View Full Version : coolant drip

ronnoc47
04-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Since day one my LT-R450 has dripped coolant from the overflow tube when warmed. After a Few hours of riding I might loose about two or three ounces.
Is this happening to anyone else and is there any solution to stop this?
Thanks!

goldrims04
04-23-2006, 02:20 PM
mine doesnt drip as i can see but the colant does evaporate from the resavoir not that match to cause conserns.

turtleboy
04-24-2006, 02:18 AM
mine drips too. My coolant has not gotten low, but i get some overflow drops all over the bottom after every ride.

ronnoc47
04-24-2006, 03:38 AM
Mines dripping exactly as you said turtleboy. I just want to see if this is normal or not.
Thanks!

turtleboy
04-24-2006, 12:28 PM
I would guess its normal. My atv is still bone stock and had done it since day 1. I think if the overflow tube was about a inch longer, it would drip past the frame and not run down it from the front to the back.

quadfam4
04-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Mine has dripped since new also. I re-routed the overflow tube higher and ending out the side so it doesn't drip on the frame. I think it's comming out from sloshing, not from overheating. I refilled it several times keeping it between the level marks before letting it get low and keeping an eye on it. Seems to not leak as much at lower levels as when keeping it at the recommended level marks. Have never let it run down completely. Don't mind refilling except for taking off the plastic to get to it.

ronnoc47
04-26-2006, 06:37 PM
I agree with the sloshing idea. I know that it's not running too hot. I'll just keep an eye on it.