PDA

View Full Version : need help bad wont run

tumbler440Ex
08-03-2002, 08:41 AM
i bought a brand new cdi and now it wont start theres no fire what so ever commin from plugs i used old ones and new ones and no fire they just come out wet i had a guy test all the wires there all good all power goin threw everything. but they cant test the cdi
what would cause the cdi to go ?
it didnt work good it wouldnt start sometime a day befor id kick it and kick it then it woudl back fire then kick it once more it would start she bogged a little in some of the gears too:confused:
please help me out i em up to my next in bills for it

Ricky g
08-03-2002, 09:01 AM
put the stock cdi back in.

Ricky g

tumbler440Ex
08-03-2002, 09:13 AM
it is a stock cdi i just got cause the last one went in it too not even a fiull tank of gas went threw it prolly like half a tank on the new cdi
the old dont work

Ricky g
08-03-2002, 11:46 AM
sounds like you have other issues, very doubtfull two cdi's in a row are going to go bad, check the fuses, and battery wires, check the coil wire connection, snip a 1/8" off the end of the sparkplug wire and reconect the boot.

Ricky g

tumbler440Ex
08-03-2002, 12:12 PM
yea i htink its in the boot i got the wires all checked out all okay but the coil spark plug boot no power goin threw that but thew the coil theres power like if i take off the boot test it its okay then if i put the boot on no power goin threw
so i tried wiht the boot on holding the plug to see no shock took the boot off and took the top of the plug thingy off so its just threads threaded the plug right in the wire i got a big shock lol
but i just boiught a brand new ngk spark plug boot last night and doing the same so i em goin to go back and ge tnaother one a guy said around here he seen defetive spark plug boots befor brand new ands i have the werst luck so i hopewing thats it

Ricky g
08-03-2002, 11:18 PM
To be safe, snip a 1/8" off the coil wire before installing a new boot, sometimes the copper inside the coil wire gets corroded and bad contact occures between the boot and the coil wire.

Ricky g