PDA

View Full Version : axle splines?

redrider05
04-23-2006, 11:01 AM
hey i was wondering if anyone knew how many splines were on the ltr axle..i have a set of hipers that have 25 splines and im curious if they will fit?

Quadprorider
04-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Sorry to pop your bubble but your hipers won't fit. I was hoping to be able to use the 26 spline Hipers off of my Cannondale but the Suzuki has 28. Well, I guess you will just have to buy some new rear beadlocks! Later, Nick.

armoks
04-23-2006, 01:40 PM
This is a quote I got from Hi-per.

"No. The Suzukis have 26 splines and the Honda's have 24 with the exception of a 250 which has 25 splines. However, we are no longer carrying the integrated hubs. All of our rear wheels now have the dual bolt pattern centers which will fit on the Suzukis. To go along with that, it has happened a lot here recently where someone will purchase the 8x8 with the integrated hubs for a Honda or Yamaha in hopes that a hub for the Suzukis can be purchased. This is no longer possible as we no longer have the 26 splined hubs in stock."

KWAD GAWD
04-23-2006, 07:35 PM
^^^^ Yes, exactly what he said. Just talked to the man at HiPer this past Friday... they have devloped a new rear wheel that you no longer need to deal with the spline count problem. They are all universal rear wheels that fits ALL bolt patterns. Centered offset on all 8" and 9" wheels, are available in both outer beadlock only and dual beadlock. Fronts are outer beadlock only, and NON beadlock for MX. They are trick.

redrider05
04-23-2006, 09:42 PM
well looks like im gonna be selling a back set of 8in 250r hipers with hubs asap

bwamos
04-24-2006, 08:55 AM
Just keep the HiPer's you have and buy replacement centers.

They are modular.. that is what makes them so great. No need to get new wheels. Just change the part you want different.

Derno24
04-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Just keep the HiPer's you have and buy replacement centers.

They are modular.. that is what makes them so great. No need to get new wheels. Just change the part you want different.

They are not making a 26 spline center piece. Whish is needed for an LTR-450

bwamos
04-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
They are not making a 26 spline center piece. Whish is needed for an LTR-450

Yes, I understand that.

What I am trying to say is you can buy a 4/110 bolt patterned center.. instead of selling the whole thing and buying new wheels with the 1/110 bolt pattern.

Once you do that.. turn around and sell the splined hub on e-bay and you may come out close to even.

Derno24
04-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Yes, I understand that.

What I am trying to say is you can buy a 4/110 bolt patterned center.. instead of selling the whole thing and buying new wheels with the 1/110 bolt pattern.

Once you do that.. turn around and sell the splined hub on e-bay and you may come out close to even.

Can't do that either as I have talked with hiper and the integrated hub center will not switch out with the bolt pattern center. People with the integrated hubs are stuck.