PDA

View Full Version : Best stock shock revalve and respringing service

quallerd
04-23-2006, 08:32 AM
So, I had pretty much decided on getting a new setup for a 2004 450r from ARS-FX for XC racing, until I called them to place the order and started discussing their new setup that they are coming out with next year. According to the guy at ARSFX (Zborz) (can't remember his name rite now) this new setup is supposed to be sick! So now, I think I want to wait! However, I do not want to continue to race on my stock suspension, so I was wondering what the best revalve, respring, and rear linkage service is out there for the money.

I was thinking about just sending my stock shocks into GT Thunder and having Laz revalve and respring all 3 shocks and getting a new rear link. Is he using a dual rate spring in the front and single rate in the back for XC? I think this setup costs about $750 total.

I was also considering the DeRisi setup. He will also revalve front and rear shocks to XC Spec, and also has a new long travel rear linkage for use on stock swingarm. He includes all new springs front and rear (triple rate springs front and single rate rear for XC). He's charging $675.00 for the XC Spec.

I'm just wondering if there is a better setup out there for the money. Just looking for something to hold me over till I can get my hands on that new ARS-FX stuff next season.

I'm also very curious about C&D's rebuilds. I don't think that they have a new rear linkage though. Any opinions on which is best would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks allot!

wanta450
04-23-2006, 10:33 AM
GT thunder

400exMO
04-23-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't have experience with GT or Derisi, but C@D redid my rear (on a 400) and I'm not to happy. I wished I would've waited alittle bit longer and got a rear elka.

zrpilot
04-23-2006, 08:49 PM
GT Thunder!

Here's mine

fultz416ex
04-24-2006, 04:17 AM
i have derisi set-up on my 450r and i love it. his products are great and his customer service is awesome. check out his website or give him a call, really nice guy to deal with.

travis

hontrx265r
04-24-2006, 06:02 AM
I just had my fronts re-built by gt thunder. (haven't got to ride on them yet but they seem very good) I just wanted to say we had a problem when I got my shock back one of the compression knobs was severly bent on my elka's. Called up laz and he said it was fine when it left the shop, but either way. He offered to fix it free of charge with absolutely no hastle, or claim the insurance. I greatly appreciated it not being an issue and would recommend them for this good customer service.