PDA

View Full Version : Project Blaster help

Rydeyamaha08
04-23-2006, 08:29 AM
i have a 2000 Yamaha Blaster that i want to make a project bike,but i dont know where to start.The engine definatly has to be bored and what not,but i dont know much about boring,so what's the biggest and best bore i could do?And i would also appreciate tips on other performance parts i could get for my blaster.any ideas?

rooster400ex
04-23-2006, 08:33 AM
u should just buy a dirtbike idiot

rooster400ex
04-23-2006, 08:35 AM
lol jk i would go with el suspensiono

moddedblaster20
04-23-2006, 08:37 AM
for performance-phatom exhaust or sumthing, reeds, air filter, a 240 big bore if u wuld like, mayb new carb, thats just some stuff i wuld prolly get, but wut u want is up 2 u

cdaleman440
04-25-2006, 09:06 AM
the toomey b1 pipe kit and works shocks are a must

flyin#5
04-25-2006, 12:17 PM
no need to go way into depth in either motor or suspension, but id do a mix of both.

-graydon/phantom exhaust or any exhaust in your price range i guess

-Uni Filter

-either banshee shocks, works.. or any other aftermarket shocks you can afford (i have a set of bearly used works for sale, great shocks. 285$ shipped)

-tires if you dont already have some, stock ones suck... if you cant afford all 4 go with the rear.

jpmojave4
04-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Blasters are easy to find parts for and if you want parts go to either dennis kirk and pick out what you want or I'll just tell you right now if you're going to bore it out don't use the biggest bore because if something happens inside youre engine like it blows up it might also ruin the entire cylinder I now ive been there, I would consider a descent cheaper pipe like FMF or pro circuit, and their is nerf bars, bumpers, and skid plates all from DG perf that would look nice. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT IT JUST ASK!!!!!!!!

Rydeyamaha08
04-26-2006, 04:32 PM
thanks alot guys.i've been talkin to someone at SMS about what to do,but i'd still definatly appreciate opinions and what not,so whatever you guys think would be best,just lemme know,thanks alot

jpmojave4
04-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Do you know what color you would like to paint the frame or what color the plastics would look good in, I think since its a Yamaha you should just stay with the BLUE plastics, but if you want it to stand out MAIER platics offer some pretty cool lookin custom race plastics in the blue color, and if I was you I would POWDERCOAT the frame powder metalic blue which gives it that custom look and protects the frame alot better than regular paint.

rooster400ex
04-27-2006, 04:12 PM
his plastics are black and white