PDA

View Full Version : what shocks are the pros running

450rboy
04-22-2006, 10:53 PM
just wondering what shocks the pros are running

Cody_300ex
04-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Why dont you go and look at the pro GNC and GNCC race reports for yourself?

R3Concepts
04-23-2006, 01:23 AM
The Pros use every shock out there: Fox, Axis, PEP, Progressive, Elka, Ohlins, you name it. Why run what the Pros run though? Do you have any experience with aftermarket suspensions? Do you know what you are looking for out of an aftermarket setup? You do know that the Pros are payed to run what they run?

wanta450
04-23-2006, 06:44 PM
fox elka axis pep works stadium

04TRX400EX
04-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Easy solution: go to the store and read the section in the new Dirt Wheels about what the pros run in MX and WORCS, or re-read your issue if you subscribe. I was reading the articles today, again, and as others have said above ^^^, the pros run everything. Here's the general consensus though for the top riders-

MX -> Elka, Pep, Fox (Team Suzuki), & Custom Axis

GNCC -> Elka mostly with a couple Fox

Tear-offs
04-26-2006, 05:40 PM
It's an interesting question... I'm not as fast as I once was, but I look through the pits to see what pro's and other bikes or atv's like mine are running, too. The truth is, unless you are charging into the face of and clearing a 60' table top, or pining it into a set of stadium whoops that would shrivel mere mortals into fetal positions, your best bet is finding a quality shock (all of which have been named above) and tune it to your needs and demands. Even if your 1/2 the speed of Joe Byrd(which will stillland you a spot on a national starting grid), you can get your suspension to work so well, you'll feel like your Joe Byrd!

Good luck!