PDA

View Full Version : Custom 1986 Chevy C10 For Sale. Springfield, IL

Metzroth
04-22-2006, 09:50 PM
I bought this truck about a 4 months ago with intentions on fixing it up and cruising it this summer. After having it awhile I realize I can't afford to fix it up or to drive it. The truck has a 383 stroker motor (350 block with 400 crank bored .030 over) and lots of performance parts.

The drivers side fender is in primer as the previous owner hit a deer and didnt not have the fender repainted to match the truck. The bed has a nice dent in it from a recent storm where a small tree branch fell on it and put about a 1 1/2 inch deep dent in it. The front drivers side corner on the hood has a decent size dent in it from when the precious owner hit a deer.
The roof of the cab in the back also has a very small dent from a recent storm. The front passenger side fender has two scratches on it that are also pressed into the fender. When you lay on the gas it falls on it's face for about 1/4 of a second then hauls *** up until the transmission shifts to 3rd gear. This is deffinitley an easy to fix problem if your good at tuning carbs. It's either an accelerator pump problem or the carb needs rejetted. The transmission I put in it is leaking so i drained the fluid and i'm going to replace the pan gasket and pan and see if that is what was causing the leak. When i drove it 3rd gear was slipping horribly. I'm now starting to think that the cause was low fluid level. This would make it impossible for the 3rd gear clutches to engage because there wouldn't be enough fluid. Like i said I am going to attempt to fix this before I sell the truck. As for price I will wait and see what offers I get. If people low ball me I will just keep the truck and fix it up slowly so don't try. I'm not desperate to sell the truck I just think that someone with the money and time to devote to the truck would be better off with it than me. I cannot afford the gas anyways :-P. It has too many custom parts to list and while the list of bads seems long, that is honestly the only things i can find wrong with it. The truck is awesome and it turns heads even in it's present state. For the short period I drove it, i learned how fast it was.

Metzroth
04-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Passenger rear

Metzroth
04-22-2006, 09:57 PM
The most important pic, the rear. (what people will see the most of! :D)

Metzroth
04-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Passenger Side

Metzroth
04-22-2006, 09:59 PM
now pictures of the dents :( This one happened during a recent tornado. West side of springfield only for strong winds and lots of rain, so the truck didnt get it too badly.

Metzroth
04-22-2006, 10:00 PM
another :(

Metzroth
04-22-2006, 10:06 PM
The dent on the passenger side fender is visible in the pics above but it is kind of hard to see. I'm sure you can see teh scratches that are with the dent tho. I also dont have a picture of the dent on the back of the top of the cab. That one also happened in the recent tornado. I don't have pics of the interior but i will ge them tomorrow. The interior is in AWESOME shape. It has aftermarket stereo system (1 sub and 2 6x9's that i know of) and it sounds much better than my other vehicle's sound system. It also has chevy bow ties stitched into the door panels (looks awesome) and a nice size tach that the last owner for some reason mounted on the steering column so it moves when you shift gears. (that will need moved :-P) If you would like to come see the truck send me a PM on here or call me at 891-2377 after 6pm on weekdays and anytime on weekends. Hope to talk to ya soon.

Metzroth
04-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Forgot a couple things. The passenger side door rubs the passenger side fender when it opens (possibly pushed over when the previous owner hit the deer). Also forgot to mention that the motor has well under 10k miles on it. While the odometer/ speedometer is not calibrated correctly, I was told by the previous owner that the motor had just recently been rebuilt to a 383. I was also told that there was around 5 grand alone in the motor (not sure if this is all truth or not), I know it is not cheap to build a 383 so it is possible. The paint would be awesome if touched up and the fender was matched. I had a quote on all the dents at a local body shop and i was told about $650 to have them all removed without repainting. Cab corners have a small amount of rust and you could either replace or just sand them down and patch them with bondo. I myself would replace them. Also forgot to mention the truck is lowered 6" :). Exhaust is just headers and mufflers. Custom parts include but are not limited to... Custom Grille, Custom Tailgate, Custom Roll Pan Rear Bumper, Centerline Aluminum Racing Rims, firestone firehawk indy 500 tires (75% front, 25% back) Grant GT steering wheel, edelbrock valve covers and air cleaner, edelbrock carb, and lots of engine mods but I don't know any specs. I would have to dissassemble the engine to find out and im sure if i did I would probably decide to keep the truck :-P. Just trying to give as much info as possible. Any comments about the truck are welcome.

Metzroth
04-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Bump.

Metzroth
08-24-2006, 10:55 AM
$4500 with a brand new (performance rebuilt) transmission and a new 6" K&N, exhaust will probably be redone as well (with exhaust outlets right in front of the rear wheels).

Metzroth
07-16-2007, 09:44 AM
I still want to sell this truck! It now has a brand new rebuilt th350 in it witha B&M shift kit and a B&M 2200 stall torque converter. The carburetor was just rebuild/recalibrated. The cap and rotor were replaced recently. Since I've owned the truck, only AMSOIL full synthetic oil has been ran in the truck. When I bought the truck last year it had around 6k miles on the motor, i've probably put a thousand miles on it since then. The speedometer doesnt read right so i think the odometer reads somewhere around 10k.
(they reset the odometer when the truck was redone). The rear tires are bald and need replaced. I had new exhaust put on the truck a few months ago ($300) and it sounds badass. It has 2 1/4" piping through Flowmaster Super 40's and out the back. Right now there aren't any tips on it, so you can take it to your local exhaust shop and have any tips you want put on it. I would like to get about $4500 out of it with all the money ive put in it recently, but i will deal. The truck is fast and whoever gets it will have alot of fun with it. I just hope they can appreciate the truck as much as i did. I would love to keep it, but unfortunately my current financial situation forces me to part with it. Shoot me some offers guys. Tires and body work are all this truck needs.

I will consider trades for a 400cc or larger dirtbike, or any of the new 450 quads. Let me know.

Metzroth
07-16-2007, 04:05 PM
bump