PDA

View Full Version : banshee in the woods

matthoyda
04-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Ive ridden motocross before so i know how to use a clutch, but how are banshees in the woods? i want something that has somewhat of a crazy powerband, like a dirtbike. Im debating bewteen and predator and a banshee, also are banshees good at climbing hills?

xlastshotx
04-22-2006, 08:40 PM
i dont know about the woods, but I do know that the banshee is good with hills if you stay in the powerband, but i have not had any trouble with hills.

Mxjunkie
04-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Anythings possible, I ride xc on mine and do fine. Once you learn how to ride them its easy, just takes lil clutch work and throttle. I can just about ride mine like a thumper now :cool:

DOHC
04-23-2006, 06:20 PM
word of advice if its tight trails dont go with the banshee, not the best handling quad, but still an amazing quad

jimmy123_272
05-05-2006, 09:06 AM
going through the woods without trails with a highly modified banshee is a bad idea. especially if there is a bunch of logs fallen over. cause when you try to go over them you need to be in the powerband( at least with my banshee) and even in first geear it doesnt't look pretty.
(i've tried and almost flipped my shee on almost every log)

but if there are trails then they are awesome

they also work really well for hill climbs cause they got lots of power

300exOH
05-05-2006, 09:13 AM
A friend of mine rides his banshee in the woods all the time. It just takes a bit more skill than on a 4 stroke. If you build it for low/mid power it is much more friendly in the woods. Banshees are awesome for hillclimbs. I've seen my buddy go up stuff I wouldn't even dream of trying.

jimmy123_272
05-05-2006, 09:25 AM
my banshee isnt built for low mid power but once you get into the power it has alot of power

Hitcat
05-05-2006, 11:38 AM
I have my banshee built soley for the woods, while it is built for woods I left it easily convertable to duning with mearly an exhaust swap.

I'm getting rid of it though as we're running outta places to ride around here. PM me or email me chott@verizon.net if your interested.

AFROracing
05-12-2006, 11:24 AM
I'll ride with the best 4 strokes in the woods and still hit the dunes...

Hill-climbers, why hell yeah!!

I run a 13 tooth sometimes a 12 tooth of front and the tight trails are no problem!!

Work the clutch!!

F**K 4 strokes!!

later,
Chad

Flynbryan19
05-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Banshees can be ridden in the woods. Sure. Its all about gearing and how you build your motor.

Bill Ballance as well as a couple others used to race Banshees in the GNCC series. It can certainly be done. ;)

LOUDONE
05-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I ride in the woods and have DMC Alien pipes installed... Amazing LOW RPM pipe... The sound is killer. Makes a brand like FMF look like crap. I just installed the V-Force 3 Reeds which also makes it a lot snappier. Now I am waitng on my ELKA Race/Sport front shocks:)

firefighterjosh
06-01-2006, 03:20 PM
All I did was race XC with my banshee and it wasn't all that bad. It tires you out really bad though. I now have a 416ex I race XC with and I don't get nearly as tired. When I had my banshee I thought it was a good woods machine then I bought this 416ex and I noticed the banshee was only a bad woods machine. The thing that was nice about racing the banshee in XC was that when you hit a open field there was nothing that could stop you.

number5
07-23-2006, 08:38 PM
I raced a banshee in harescrambles for two years and did everything to it to help for woods racing. This is the set up I had. 99 banshee, T-5, +4 advance, Noss head 20cc domes, Noss half inch reed spacers, Kenda Claws, works pro piggy back shocks, Quicksand arms,noss stabilizer, -1swingarm, carbon tech reeds ported cage, 2 into one filter, xc port and polish by southeastporting, Taper bore carbs, 310 mains, pro-lites .20 over

bansheexcracer2
07-23-2006, 08:49 PM
I race xc on mine and i took 1st the last 2 weeks. You just have to set it up and work the clutch and lean.

AFROracing
07-23-2006, 09:07 PM
As a matter of fact, I just got back from NTMX (http://northtexasmx.com/) , a new track here in north Texas. I am laying a XC loop in the woods around the property and geuss what I am grooming the trail with...
My bare hands and the banshee..
Alot of stopping and removing brush... Anyhow shee doesn't overheat in these conditions.. And this trail is tight... Need some butter on the outersides of the tires.....

later,
Chad

broke
07-24-2006, 06:26 AM
Banshee's are great woods machines, it's all about set-up. Look at all the pro 450, nothing is stock on their bikes. I'll admit, mine is slightly over the top, but it will handle an MX track as well as any 450, and can be made to run XC with a few parts changes.

duey
08-09-2006, 10:44 AM
I run a Dynoport single exhaust, trinity CV carb, prodesign coolhead w/ 19cc domes and TCS shocks. Works awesome in the woods and hillclimbing:D

TWILES
08-11-2006, 04:28 PM
If a wooded area was open it was fun but tight trail make a Banshee feel like a tank with the lack of low end grunt like a 4-stroke. Constantly reving the motor and riding the clutch gets old if your just pleasure riding. I used to ride mine at Turkey Bay were in Western KY all the time. I was basically a stock motor with pipes and intake with MX suspension and tires. I had a ball but I also had atleast 10' of trail.

jdwxv3
08-11-2006, 04:40 PM
I'd get a 4 stroke.

TWILES
08-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
I'd get a 4 stroke.
I agree.

13th Grave
08-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Banshees can be fun as hell in the woods hill climbs and stuff but you can't beat the reliability of a 4stroke, not saying that they aren't reliable just the 4-stroke will out last in the long run. I loved the hell out of my banshee until I traded it for my jeep.