PDA

View Full Version : couple of ?'s

theTman
04-22-2006, 06:43 PM
yeah i bet your all sick of my questions but i have a few more

since i have a 310...would i be able to run 93 octane(obiously mixed) and not have to worry about motor problems, or do i have to run race gas

what type of oil do i put into the clutch side of the motor and how much do i put in

is it neccesary to run a headstay mount, ive heard it is and isnt so i wanna make sure

i think thats all i have to ask for now

thanks!!

Jester
04-22-2006, 07:05 PM
octane depends on your compression, more specific, your dome size.

headstay you will hear both sides that more motor mounts are better, and one side you will hear that any motor tq to the cyl is bad.. I choose the more motor mounts the better..

theTman
04-23-2006, 05:05 PM
anybody else?

hang1p
04-24-2006, 01:18 AM
octane should be chosen by compression no need to use race gas unless you need it I use plain old 10/30 in my gear box i change it often I ran my 330 with 93 and that had 175 psi with no problems, my 350 I don't know yet, ESR sent me the wrong dome so I only have 130 psi right now till my new dome comes

YFZRob
04-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Octane has a lot to do with port timing as well. I had an ESR 310 kit with TRX7 porting and with a pump gas dome, it detonated like crazy on 93 octane. Cranking compression was only 170 psi, and in the process of trying to tune out the detonation, I went through two top ends!! Tried race gas on the 3rd top end, ran like a charm. So I threw in the race gas dome and stuck to straight race gas....ran so much stronger on the bottom with the higher compression. And my detonation issue had NOTHING to do with fuel....it was pig rich.

SO, carefully listen for detonation with 93 octane even if you are running lower compression....safely ride around without a helmet so you can hear it better. If you have detonation and your jetting is not the issue, you'll have to run race gas.

I've always run Golden Spectro gear saver 10W30 and the older 80W 2 stroke oil. Shifts like butter, and isn't breaking the bank at $7 a quart.

theTman
04-24-2006, 03:25 PM
:o wanna explain denotaion...im not good with motors

YFZRob
04-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Detonation is best destribed as ignition occuring at the wrong time...and NOT ignition from your IGNITION SYSTEM. I'm not spending 2 hours of my evening explaining it.... try google.com!