PDA

View Full Version : best rev box 4 the $

ww228king
04-22-2006, 02:43 PM
ok...i know this has been asked a million times, but it is hard to search a 3 letter word(rev, cdi, box, ect..). so guys , i am running the set up in my sign. and was wondering what would be the best rev box ....i checked on msd and they dont make them anymore, the dyna fs seems to be pretty good. what do you guy think ?????

B-rad D
04-22-2006, 09:21 PM
i got the white bros. so far im really happy with it, it has given me any problems.

Penler
04-22-2006, 11:17 PM
WB are just xr 400's with the WB logo, i wouldnt go with WB

B-rad D
04-23-2006, 10:55 AM
i dont care what it is it works

SandShark400
04-23-2006, 10:50 PM
i just tested out the wb rev box and was partly dissatisfied i wasn't at the dunes just loose dirt and gravel and was actually riding 3rd and 4th just slowly cruising, i can;t wait to see what gear i can ride in the dunes, it is sort of scary when you're cruising along and the speed you should be in going in 2nd, you're rapped out in third it gets kinda scary. with any revbox i would definetely make sure you're motor mounts and crankcase bolts are at the right torque.

atvracer980
04-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Curtis Sparks makes an unlimited box- I've been satisfied with it for the past 5 years.

ww228king
04-24-2006, 08:10 PM
what about BIG GUN OVER REV. I just tryed one of my freinds boxes that he just got in. His quad is under construction right now so i put it on mine to test it.. Well, i was very dissatisfied. I didnt notice any difference.. When i go to the BIG GUN web site , it says that they suppose to run unlimited....it felt the same as stock to me ....rev limit kicked in through the gears and on top end. What is some other rev boxes?

striker1001
04-24-2006, 08:41 PM
rev max revbox. Suposed to increase rpms and advance ur timing.

humblesquirel21
04-24-2006, 09:25 PM
dont buy that big gun youll regret it their pruducts have a tendency to fall apart i know form experience and the experiences of another person on here. we owned ther exhaust and it fell apart and that was the absolut last time id ever buy big gun products

as far as a rev box i jsut bought an srp for my 300ex and should know how i like it by the end of the week when i get to really test it out ( i jsut rebuilt the quad so im tryin to get everything bolted back togehter to test her out)

flauge
04-24-2006, 11:55 PM
i heard gt thunder's pretty good...

SandShark400
04-26-2006, 10:25 PM
no problems starting with the wb rev box actually made it better, dunes is where its at though, i hope it does better because your engine is always working!

WOWA450RRRR
04-27-2006, 04:48 AM
i have a very slightly used ..about 45 min.rick stator hot shot i think it was called. i put it on my sons bike..but we ended up getting him a 450r. they say it works best on modded up motors.. changes curve and higher rev.. i can send you a pic if intrested... pm me an email...make you a really good deal on it as it is just sitting on a shelf

atvracer980
04-27-2006, 06:36 AM
The Big Gun abd WB rev boxes only increase your rpm's 900-1,000 more over the stock box-hardly noticable by anyone w/ a modded motor. Im sure there are several suppliers out there that say their product is the best- there should be a web site that has every product and compares them equally, not by who's paying the ad like a couple of magazines out there.

ww228king
04-27-2006, 06:20 PM
by the BIG GUN website , it says that the BIG GUN rev boxes rev unlimited.

WOWA450RRRR
04-28-2006, 03:31 PM
for what ever it is worth i was told that dirt wheels named the the above mentioned rick stator hot shot as the best for the 400ex.....they sell for 80.00 + shipping on ebay....really , really good deal if your intrested

jordan_m6
04-28-2006, 03:32 PM
to really be able to feel the difference is to ride with you stock box and then switch at mid day. if you just slap it on without riding it you will be disappointed.

pmptrk
04-28-2006, 04:04 PM
I could tell a huge difference when I put my bg over rev on. Totally different than stock. The new over rev model does have advantages over previous big gun models. The 900-1000 stated in a previous post was probably referring to the pre- over rev models.

I am very satisfied with their product. Just because a couple of however many thousands of exhausts that they have produced- fell apart, doesn't mean all their products are junk. Just my .02

Originally posted by ww228king
what about BIG GUN OVER REV. I just tryed one of my freinds boxes that he just got in. His quad is under construction right now so i put it on mine to test it.. Well, i was very dissatisfied. I didnt notice any difference.. When i go to the BIG GUN web site , it says that they suppose to run unlimited....it felt the same as stock to me ....rev limit kicked in through the gears and on top end. What is some other rev boxes?