PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a LTR, got some questions

Frankie Figs
04-22-2006, 02:29 PM
I had a 04 Z400 and I really liked it so I'm looking into the LTR.

Do I need to get an EMS if I get a Yoshi RS-5 full system or will I be safe with the Cherry Bomb? What is the difference between the Pro and Comp RS-5 systems? They are both aluminum but there is a $200 difference :confused:

How long is the warranty, I couldnt find any info on Suzuki's site? Is there one since it is race-ready?

Thanks in advance,
Frankie

jfarrar30
04-22-2006, 02:36 PM
6 month warranty,cherry bomb will be fine,pro system has titanium header

Frankie Figs
04-22-2006, 02:52 PM
How much weight does the titanium header save? Is there an extended warranty available?

AceLtz
04-22-2006, 03:51 PM
All that jfarr said...the titanium header might be 1lb or somthing. Not even worth the $200. You can get an extended warrenty through your suzuki dealer too.

I moved up from a z400 and im very happy with the ltr. I modded the z and its still not even close to what the ltr is, im glad i made the switch.

Renagade
04-23-2006, 06:46 AM
I bought a Suzuki Extended warranty 3 years for 500 dollars. So it is available. I don't plan on adding any internal engine mods . If you do then don't bother. Its useless.

goldrims04
04-23-2006, 02:22 PM
my dealer wouldnt warrenty mine the said they didnt offer it because it is a race bike

Frankie Figs
04-24-2006, 03:59 AM
I will be racing it, does that matter?

brokenbonez
04-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by jfarrar30
6 month warranty,cherry bomb will be fine,pro system has titanium header
I've got the RS5 Comp w/ CherryBomb. FYI...keep your airbox lid on... it runs much cleaner and doesnt seem to get too lean that way. and everyon knows... you don't want to have to replace a plug while out riding...it sucks! I couldn't believe how much the Yosh opened it up. I think you'll be happy w/ the difference it makes. titanium header will be lighter... but unless you have a cash tree in the back yard...don't invest in it :P the comp does great. yes it does glow red, (in the pitch black) but then again, a lot of other headers do to... no need to worry. I called Yosh on it and they said it's normal, not to worry.

Renagade
04-24-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by goldrims04
my dealer wouldnt warrenty mine the said they didnt offer it because it is a race bike

Your dealer is wrong. Call suzuki and you will find out. Don't let em get away with it.

Frankie Figs
04-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by brokenbonez
I've got the RS5 Comp w/ CherryBomb. FYI...keep your airbox lid on... it runs much cleaner and doesnt seem to get too lean that way. and everyon knows... you don't want to have to replace a plug while out riding...it sucks! I couldn't believe how much the Yosh opened it up. I think you'll be happy w/ the difference it makes. titanium header will be lighter... but unless you have a cash tree in the back yard...don't invest in it :P the comp does great. yes it does glow red, (in the pitch black) but then again, a lot of other headers do to... no need to worry. I called Yosh on it and they said it's normal, not to worry.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna throw a wideband O2 sensor on it to check the air/fuel ratio when I get the exhaust and cherry bomb on. I'm not doubting your knowledge but you are in a different climate and that will effect the tune.

Fast@$$Rider
04-24-2006, 04:31 PM
where can you get the air/fuel ratio gauge and where do you mount the probe.

Frankie Figs
04-25-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Fast@$$Rider
where can you get the air/fuel ratio gauge and where do you mount the probe.

I have a PLX M-300 wideband O2 sensor. I picked it up from www.streetrays.com for $313 shipped. I'm going to weld an O2 bung in the header to mount the sensor. Dont try to use a normal O2 sensor and a cheap air/fuel gauge cuz they dont work.

turtleboy
04-25-2006, 02:26 AM
as for the warranty, I called Suzuki one time and they told me that they do not offer a warranty on the quad because its a race quad. Than I called a week later and talked to another guy and he told me there is a warranty on it for 6 months and told him about the other guy that told me there is not a warranty. He looked into it and told me that it does have a 6 month warranty from the factory. I also got a 3 yr extended warranty with mine. Hopefully if I need to use it, it will work. :)

Frankie Figs
04-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by turtleboy
as for the warranty, I called Suzuki one time and they told me that they do not offer a warranty on the quad because its a race quad. Than I called a week later and talked to another guy and he told me there is a warranty on it for 6 months and told him about the other guy that told me there is not a warranty. He looked into it and told me that it does have a 6 month warranty from the factory. I also got a 3 yr extended warranty with mine. Hopefully if I need to use it, it will work. :)

Thats good to hear. I figured you'd get a 30 day warranty like the Banshee had since it was concidered a race ready quad too.

spincr4hire
04-27-2006, 11:10 AM
How quick is the starting on the LT-R, and restarting after warm/hot?