PDA

View Full Version : outerwears airbox cover

Rider-trx_250ex
04-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Does anyone here use that outerwears airbox cover on their quad? Do you think I should use it on my 250ex with an aftermarket air filter? Or should I just keep the stock airbox cover on since i mainly ride in the woods? Also, what is the difference between a stock and aftermarket air filter?

Don't confuse this with the outerwears pre filter cover.

Blue_Streak23
04-22-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't run an outerwear airbox cover myself, but I have heard good things about them! They block water and mud like the stock lid, but allow muck better air flow. The only bad thing I have heard about them, is that the velcrow in which holds on the cover, peels off the airbox. I would recommend buying an aftermarket filter, before the airbox lid. Aftermarcket filters usually have bigger pores in them to allow better air flow.

>>Also if it was me, I would buy a K@N with an Outerwear pre-filter. And run this setup without a lid. Because that will give you much better flow, and keep water and mud away from the filter. But that is just my $.02! :D

jeremy_283
04-22-2006, 08:37 PM
they needa be cleaned a lot if u ride in the dust or water .................... on outerwears the water repealancy only last like a month

rooster300ex
04-22-2006, 09:01 PM
I have way way less sand in my airbox then i did before i had the airbox cover.